ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1124932 - 08/30/09 07:34 PM RESULTS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake RESULTS !!
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct

August 30, 2009 CTF Kid's Day is over..
26 kids ranging from 2 - 13 years old fished Gardners Lake, today.
There was a variety of fish caught. Bluegills, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Pickerel, and Walleye.
The weigh in went easy with our own CTF tournament scale

RESULTS

UNDER 7 YEARS OLD
Lily Gross - 1.42 lb Smallmouth
Kateland Noland - 1.17 lb Largemouth
Mikey Bouton - 1.06 lb Pickerel

8-11 YEARS OLD
Michael Noland - 1.21 lb Largemouth
Emily Dona - 1.06 lb Largemouth
Olyvia Currann - .99 lb Largemouth

12-15 YEARS OLD
Trevor Donwoodie - 1.30 lb Largemouth
Brian Noland - 1.08 lb Smallmouth
Emily Petillo - .97 lb Largemouth

After the weigh in , we all proceeded to the lawn area where Joe Sabas entertained the kids and kid at heart while we straightened out all of the prizes, and pizzas on the tables.
After the pizza, the top 3 in each division received a new fishing rod, prize pack, and CTFISHERMAN.COM metal. All of the other kids also received Metals, and prize packs as well.
Mitch will then send the capts, and kids T Shirts of the day.

This Kids event was all paid for by the proceeds of the 2008 PIKETOBERFEST, and 2008 CTF GAME DINNER

Pictures and your report to follow :

I HAVE TO ADD!!

a HUGE thanks to ALL CTFERS that were able to switch around their schedules to have these kids fish ! ! Mother nature can be a beast and it worked out well for us. bowdown

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

Fishing Info
#1124935 - 08/30/09 07:39 PM Re: RESULTS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake RESULTS !! [Re: PDona]
COBRA BAIT Offline

Why is a Sad Shad Sad?

Loc: Haddam sweet Haddam
i have to upload some pics, first kids event, didnt get onto the water until 11 something but the kids where on non stop sunfish on some deeper breaks (9ft to 21ft). was fun as every event i have been to and was surprised all the kids got a medal for the event. the led headlight is a huge hit with my kids. thanks for everyone that made this event happen!
#1125065 - 08/31/09 01:02 AM Re: RESULTS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake RESULTS !! [Re: PDona]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
What a great day we had ! Just enough sunshine, but not hot, and the weather and temps were perfect.
The day started with some of the boats lined up and ready to go.

Click to enlarge...

We had Largefry/Alex, and my daughter Em aboard, today.
We used top water without a touch, and found the dropshot worms in 8-12 fow was the action maker, today. They caught most of the fish on that with the exception of Em's bass on a worm/jighead.
Emily's first Walleye:

Click to enlarge...

Total of the day was somewhere near 4-5 bass, a perch, a bluegill, and a Walleye.
Thanks to Mitch, Paul D, DadDona, and Joe Sabas for the weigh in. Joe Sabas was GREAT as usual with the kids!!
The Pizza might become the CTF tradition from now on!
Brian Thomas, owner of THE PLUM TOMATO delivered the sheet pizzas himself ! We had 6 sheet pizzas of all varieties, and we only had about a half of one left.
Thanks again, everyone who participated and helped out, and see you next year!

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

#1125074 - 08/31/09 01:11 AM Re: RESULTS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake RESULTS !! [Re: PDona]
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Joe Sabas is such a great guy Paul. Very nice, fun, and caring and a pretty funny guy.

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#1125092 - 08/31/09 01:40 AM Re: RESULTS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake RESULTS !! [Re: Michael-SW CT]
O-BASS Offline

Joe Sabas= wonderful!

good stuff guys.
#1125112 - 08/31/09 02:33 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake [Re: O-BASS]
Mitch P. Offline

Homepage:
http://www.ctfisherman.com/

Hats off to P.Dona, "Dad" Dona, Paul D. and "joe sabas the fishin magician" for making it a great day for the kids! Also thanks to all who bought raffle tickets at Piketoberfest and the CTF Game Dinner to help fund this event.

There's nothing more important than getting kids interested in fishing. If this event turns on just one kid each year to fishing, then it is a success.

Paul, great idea for the pizza this year. It worked out nicely and was very good pizza. (Unless Jighead is attending an outing, we should do it more often. )

Below are a few pics for now. I'll add more tomorrow.

Thanks to "Dad Dona" for working the scale. Also thanks to Joe for stepping up to help at the weigh-in while I was running around.

As always, Joe was a big hit with the kids. He really knows how to get them fired up and keep their attention. This event would not be the same without Joe. Thanks!

ME_fisherman and daughter enjoying the show.

There were tons of great prizes and no kid left without something.

Everyone received a commemorative medal.

More pics to come ...

#1125135 - 08/31/09 09:48 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake [Re: Mitch P.]
T-Water Offline

We had an awesome time at this event as the weather was perfect and lots of fish were caught! We were catching mainly largemouth and smallmouth on mini tube baits. The fish seemed to be near deep water drop offs.

Thanks to Mitch, Paul, and everyone who helped out! It really was a great day!

Joe, my daughter was the one with the pig tails, who wouldnt stop talking to you.

She loves your show! Thanks.

The pizza and all the food were awesome! Good Call!

I can't wait to check out my photos....
#1125162 - 08/31/09 11:13 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake [Re: T-Water]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
This report made my day. What a beautiful thing to read in the morning. Great to see you are still so active in the events Paul. Some things never change. Still remember the first one. How many does this make?

Now to get my morning coffee and look at the rest of the reports.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
#1125167 - 08/31/09 11:23 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Dkorman Offline

Loc: Milford, ct
It was a great day. My daughter had a lot of fun. She wants to make sure she goes again next year.

I want to thank everyone who put this program together. It was run very well. If you need help next year let me know.

David
#1125171 - 08/31/09 11:30 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS! 2009 CTF Kids Day: Sun., Aug. 30: Gardner Lake [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
All I have to say is WOW!!!! Those kids came home with some stuff!!!!! I showed up after work right at the end and took some pics for people and ended up being the garbage man!!!! Good to see everyone!!!!Ryan I still have your tackle pack!!! Booty as always,.......man o' man there were some happy kids running around that place.......The venue is awesome fr this with all the renovations......Good job to Paul, Paul, Joe and everyone else,...but also good job to all CTF'rs we all raised money for this through the year, and you should've seen the joy brought to the faces of each and everyone of these kids,........Priceless!

Well Done Everyone!!!!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Active Topics