ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#160596 - 07/24/04 12:20 PM Re: Striper Heaven
toozabell Offline

Loc: East Hampton, CT
Thanks for the posts & pics of your GREAT day of fishing & GREAT spirit of camaraderie.
Fishing Info
#160597 - 07/24/04 12:44 PM Re: Striper Heaven
mike22 Offline

what a day!! Nice job guys

Life's a game fishing is serious
#160598 - 07/24/04 12:56 PM Re: Striper Heaven
Kapt Offline

OUTSTANDING! Thats all I can say. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys...congrats!

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#160599 - 07/24/04 01:02 PM Re: Striper Heaven
Wendal Offline

Wow, Nice fish
#160600 - 07/24/04 01:39 PM Re: Striper Heaven
jimmy Offline

not a bad day.

I think some of the fish in the niantic river must have moved out towards the reefs ;\) \:D

what where the fish after, were there bunker in the water?

Did the impending storm maybe turn the bite on?

What made this day so good?
#160601 - 07/24/04 01:47 PM Re: Striper Heaven
jonh Offline

FUBO

I think it was the coming change in weather. What a difference one day makes. Found a single hickory shad and few porgies. Had one bite on a livelined porgie - thats it. I knew I should have stayed in bed this morning.

Saw Don D. and Major Woods heading out. Hopefully they did better with t&w or eels.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#160602 - 07/24/04 01:54 PM Re: Striper Heaven
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Jimmy... No bunker in sight yesterday. I have to beleive that the front had a part in everyone's success.

For the most part we fished 3 tides. We were there for the last half of the incoming, the entire outgoing and the first half of the next ebb. It did slow a bit in the afternoon, but I think that it was because we had used our limit of shad and were forced to use porgy, it just wasn't the same. The fish were on a mission and were there to eat. They were never more than 100 yards from the top of the reef. The first part of the morning, the fish were in only 12 feet of water. It made for a fun fight as they had no where to go but east \:D ... I had one fish take me well into my backing but my uni to uni knot and 12 lb backing held up \:D I still can't beleive they day we all had, I feel very fortunate...
#160603 - 07/24/04 02:00 PM Re: Striper Heaven
Bennett Offline

Hey Bob it was great to finally see you on the water. That was a preety wild hook up when we were all within 30 yards. It's always nice to talk to Frank, Pat
and Blaine.

I will post some pitures as soon as I get my camera out of my brothers truck. It was great day on the water, one I will not soon forget
#160604 - 07/24/04 02:08 PM Re: Striper Heaven
jonh Offline

FUBO

Look at the mouth on this one. It looks to me like it had it's jaw broken at one time and it healed this way.

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#160605 - 07/24/04 02:12 PM Re: Striper Heaven
jonh Offline

FUBO

Any pics of that mola?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Active Topics