ctfisherman.com logo
Page 14 of 28 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#926376 - 03/06/08 05:35 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: yamar]
karate kid Offline

Loc: Berlin, CT
Well put. However this has nothing to do with the state or the DEP its all about a company who owns the lake and whats boaters to fund there patrol( which by the way can't make arrests all they can do is issue speeding tickets)and make extra money doing it.You wont see state own lakes doing this. But this can lead to at sometime to limit the number of these stickers. The other towns are responceable for the lake patrol also and they dont even have patrols out there. Why only Danbury asking for this? I think again only my .2 cents but if you think the money will go to inproving the lake or fish I think your wrong. As Yamar said they are not interested in us fisherman and never have. Go to one of the CLA meeting and you'll see what I'm talking about. There are 2 meeting on this if you really want to be haerd and find out faxes that you need to go and be heard. The bill does call for this to start in September 2008 and if it passes I can see no reason why it won't. I have posted info. on the meeting in a thread so look at the days and places and stand up.

"A man has to do what he believes: I believe I'll go fishing"

www.DAIWA.COM

Fishing Info
#926380 - 03/06/08 05:40 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: Jighead]
Squeegeeking Offline
It is What It Is

Hmmm pretty interesting..I have never fished Candlewood..but my thoughts go like this..
If the candlewood boat owners were to come to Shelton or Stratford to fish during the summer they really have no place to launch for free and there arent daily launch passes for sale atleast non that i am aware of..so they would have to pay $75.100,150 whatever it is for the season..So why shouldt the people who go there have to pay? My understanding is the ramps there are state owned not town owned.I personally believe it is town owned then that town has the right o charge a fee to use them.But when the state owns the ramp and the town wants to charge for use of that ramp then it is wrong..Fishermen ,waterskiers.etc pump so much $$$$$ into the local areas that in turn by charging to use it they may see a big decline in that $$$$ because i dont think alot of people who fish different areas will pony up the $$$$$ for every lake they want to fish.

Nor'East Detailing....Boat,R.V and Auto detailing
The SqueegeeKing....Residential and low rise commercial window cleaning
#926381 - 03/06/08 05:43 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: karate kid]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
I will be there the 11th. I am simply looking for a solution to a problem that is getting worse and worse! I have not come across as wanting the lake private, which I bet if you guys lived and grew up on it you would probably be all for it, I just want something in place to protect the resource. IF the $ for the stickers will be used to do that then great, if not it is not the right direction.

Again I would love it if the shoe was on the other foot and if you guys lived on the lake for over 30 years and see where it is going, and the boat traffic is only a part of it. The development part is the real scarey part.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#926384 - 03/06/08 05:49 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: CWood Man]
karate kid Offline

Chris you most likey know better then anyone about this and I ask you do you really feel the $$$$ will go to protect the resource. I want them to show me how much they need and what there plain is. $50.00 a boat will give them hundred of thosands of dollars can't see what they need all that money for. However like you if they can show me that I will write the check now.

www.DAIWA.COM

#926386 - 03/06/08 05:58 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: karate kid]
CWood Man Offline

Totally agree and that has been my point. I just want it to go back into the protection of the lake some how. If it's more "General Fund" BS money then its the wrong thing to do.

Not to beat a dead horse but seeing the increase in boat traffic and development through the years it really is a scary thought of what could happen to the lake.

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
#926388 - 03/06/08 06:00 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: karate kid]
yamar Offline

This, again, is scattered all over the place...THIS PARTICULAR BILL IS NOT ABOUT STOPPING DEVELOPEMENT OR PROTECTING RESOURCES!!!!

It's supposed to help the CLA fund partols. My problem is that the CLA is not an organization that I have representation in. They can take my money then do basically what ever they want with it. It's not the money that bothers me, it's who's collecting it!!!!

We're not brainstorming anymore...this is a BILL that can pass into LAW!!!...we're not having a discussion about solutions...we're talking about this particular one not being good.

Edited by yamar (03/06/08 06:04 PM)
#926389 - 03/06/08 06:01 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: CWood Man]
karate kid Offline

I would like to see NY change there fishing season to start earlier and mybe we can keep more of the out of states out just a start.

www.DAIWA.COM

#926390 - 03/06/08 06:04 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: karate kid]
karate kid Offline

I think at $50.00 a boat I have enought boats in my club to pay for the darn patrol

www.DAIWA.COM

#926394 - 03/06/08 06:13 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: karate kid]
willywonka56 Offline

Its gonna suck to pay for a sticker when i only fish the place twice a year. Best smallmouth fishery in the state and now i have to get a sticker to fish it twice a year?????????? They should just have it be pay for parking like congamond,although they would have to pay for someone to collect it at the ramp which im sure they dont wanna do.

People that live on that lake have enough godamm money anyways!!!! LOL jk c-wood man...kinda

Keep it simple.
#926398 - 03/06/08 06:20 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: willywonka56]
CWood Man Offline

Funny guy Wonka!!!!!!! O.K. Yamar the proposed bill sucks. So hopefully they can come up with something to protect the lake.

So now you want the selfish part? If $50 OR $100 is going to keep a few boats away and actually decrease the amount of traffic for once then I and everyone I can muster with support it 1000%! I really don't give a crap what can spiral on other lakes. I care about the one that I live, swim and fish on!

Again I know god damn well that if Cwood was peoples main source of recreation and fun and have enjoyed it for years they would support anything to limit traffic, even if it is a 1/2 a$$ed proposal!

Edited by CWood Man (03/06/08 06:23 PM)

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
Page 14 of 28 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics