Carp Poachers Busted

Posted by: Tall 1

Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 04:33 PM

Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 04:56 PM

Good!!!!! Finally not just a slap on the wrist!
Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 05:28 PM

Should confiscate the truck. That would teach them.
Posted by: tommy

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 05:34 PM

Would like to know if they actually pays those fines.
Posted by: earl bird

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 05:34 PM

Hopefully they will pay the fine, and not just a slap on the wrists!!
Posted by: DeadBird

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 05:55 PM

Call me a dinosaur. Carp will always be trash fish in my book. My best memories of them is bowhunting the lower river when sane people ran the asylum. I'll obey the rules because they are the rules, but won't shed a tear over a cooler full of crap. No licenses and too many rods, good job DEEP. Get out there and bust a bunch more. There are some scofflaws at most every public access area, bag them for too many stripers, not goldfish.
Posted by: JLMOS

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 06:28 PM

Creeps!
Posted by: ecurB

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/16/22 06:31 PM

Probably where the carp at A Dong Market come from .
Posted by: cat_in_the_hat

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/17/22 05:51 AM

This site is the downstream end of the rocks at The Wall in Cromwell, nice spot for stripers and carp. Glad someone apparently dialed that toll-free Turn in Poachers (TIP) at 800-842-4357, I have also used this law enforcement resource with great satisfaction in the past.
Posted by: MikeV

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/17/22 10:25 AM

Great job by the DEP. While carp may not be high on our lists of most sought after fish, I think it reasonable to assume that if these criminals had gotten into American Shad, stipers, pike, smallies or whatever else happened to hit at the time, bag limits for those species would also been ignored. This was a total disregard for the regulations. I hope the court insists on collecting the entire $4200. fine and sends a message to other would be poachers.

MikeV
Posted by: JohnS

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/17/22 01:43 PM

Didn’t know there was a limit on them go figure . Wonder if a fine that hefty has ever been given To a POACHER for a striped bass?
Posted by: MikeV

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/17/22 03:38 PM

In fairness, it appears not to be a single poacher. It reads 3 men = 3 poachers. $4,200 divided by 3 is $1,400 a head. I think this is reasonable given the circumstances.

MikeV
Posted by: SWMPYNKE

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/22/22 07:57 PM

Good luck getting the cash......What do they do with them, anyone???
Posted by: John from Madison CT

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/30/22 07:57 AM

I bet the State never collects a dime.
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: Carp Poachers Busted - 05/30/22 08:46 AM

The CO I talked to last week said these guys were from NY and someone called the TIP line to initiate the arrest.