Walleye tournament cheaters busted!

Posted by: Mitch P.

Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 06:37 AM

Caught hook, line and sinker! Moment LEAD WEIGHTS are found in professional fishing duo's catch and they are stripped of tournament title and $5,000 prize - as furious crowd berates them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ad-weights.html
Posted by: JohnS

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 07:02 AM

Unreal.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 07:35 AM

Wow!
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 07:55 AM

Unreal… scumbags won over $300,000 last year too. Got DQ’d from the Fall Brawl last year after failing a polygraph so guys were highly suspicious of their crap.
Posted by: Don P

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 08:07 AM

Sheesh!!!

People can do extremely great, and extremely low things.
Posted by: ahamohammed

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 08:47 AM

Imagine failing a polygraph and getting DQ'd and then still having the audacity to cheat the next year.
Posted by: air leak

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Tall 1
Unreal… scumbags won over $300,000 last year too. Got DQ’d from the Fall Brawl last year after failing a polygraph so guys were highly suspicious of their crap.

I read that these guys were DQed last year, but didn't know exactly how much cash that they had won.

I'm thinking that they were under suspicionlong before that.
Posted by: LegalFish

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 10:28 AM

@douchebags! Unreal!

Alfonzo
Posted by: tommy

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 11:33 AM

I hope they get arrested and sued.

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 01:34 PM

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by 🔵ICE-FISHING NATION OFFICIAL 🎣 (@icefishing_nation)

Posted by: PeteB

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 02:18 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. That takes some big balls.

Originally Posted By: ahamohammed
Imagine failing a polygraph and getting DQ'd and then still having the audacity to cheat the next year.
Posted by: Rhinoke

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/02/22 08:13 PM

How about this one………..much closer to home:

https://nypost.com/2022/09/24/montauk-angler-edward-pollner-sues-over-polygraph/

And this one from a very well known boat builder:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/1240677-drama-mid-atlantic-tournament.html

Crazy what money and recognition will make people do.
Posted by: TommyTrebble

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/03/22 09:34 AM

Not sure if I heard this correctly, but from what I understand, they put 8#'s of lead weights in those walleyes for a 33# bag. 2nd place was like 16#'s, so they would've won w/o cheating ??

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/03/22 10:22 AM

Maybe, but who knows what else they did to catch these fish they brought in.
Posted by: Don D

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/03/22 12:44 PM

Yes Tommy. It was 8lbs of egg sinkers. I saw the video yesterday. The guy had the nerve to stand there while they were pulling the weights out of the fish. They were dqd from a tourny last year and had been suspected of cheating for years. Don't know why it took so long to catch them. The crowd wanted to lynch them.
Posted by: M.C. Niantic

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/04/22 11:57 AM

Hello, big wake up call.
Posted by: JMike

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/04/22 09:47 PM

Not sure I'd give them credit for big balls as much as no brains. I guess if you're a chronic liar and cheat you just can't help it.
On a somewhat related note, I lost heaviest fish on the boat on a blue fish trip several years ago, all legit and I still tip my rod to the winner. The weigh in came down to mine and one other blue and on the weight scale they were virtually tied. So the fish went to the balance beam scale and hung one fish from each side. The other fish won ever so slightly. The disappointing part for me was that when I landed my fish, as it flopped around the deck, it spit up about half a dozen little butter fish, surely enough to have tipped the scale in my favor. But hey, all was fair and square, still had a great outing.

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/04/22 10:12 PM

His blue spit up 12 baby bunker wink2

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 10:21 AM

A post shared by OutdoorSponsors.com by NPS (@nationalprostaff)

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 10:41 AM

A post shared by DreamOn (@dreamonsportfishing)

Posted by: JESTERJACKSON

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 04:34 PM

They should have let him take the prize money and deposit the check. Then expose the fish had the weights in them and they cheated in order to win the money. The fact that they took the money and deposited it would be a crime and they could be prosecuted.

People like this should not be able to have a fishing license ever again once caught. Then they would not be able to enter more tournaments to cheat again.

Just like insider trading a loss of license and a ban for the rest of your life.

Real scum bags.

They should go to jail for some period of time but will most likely get a slap on the wrist and have a bad reputation get even worse.
Posted by: Jighead

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 05:51 PM

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 07:41 PM

laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: PeteB

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/05/22 09:52 PM

They likely can and will still be prosecuted. The act of putting the weights in the fish and submitting them to be weighed in should be enough to charge them with, "Criminal Attempt to Commit" whatever the theft/larceny charge is in Ohio. Each state words their statutes differently, but I would be shocked if they aren't charged.

Originally Posted By: JESTERJACKSON
They should have let him take the prize money and deposit the check. Then expose the fish had the weights in them and they cheated in order to win the money. The fact that they took the money and deposited it would be a crime and they could be prosecuted.

People like this should not be able to have a fishing license ever again once caught. Then they would not be able to enter more tournaments to cheat again.

Just like insider trading a loss of license and a ban for the rest of your life.

Real scum bags.

They should go to jail for some period of time but will most likely get a slap on the wrist and have a bad reputation get even worse.

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/06/22 06:18 AM

Making prime time news.

A post shared by Fox News (@foxnews)

Posted by: SWMPYNKE

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/06/22 11:27 PM

Watching the video made me cringe and i thought violence was about to break out any second....Sad. I too wonder how many previous "wins" were leadbellies? years ago one of the local ice derbys walking out on the ice seeing a bunch of holes previously fished that morning had a small stick lying across the hole with a mono line and at the end was a large dead yellow perch. How unusual!!! I guess the plan was to pull up the fish let it freeze and bring it in later...This was for the next day the derby being held!!!
Posted by: JMike

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/08/22 10:17 PM

Wasn't there an old Mark Twain tale about a bullfrog race where the winner was caught (later) having put some birdshot down the throat of the losing frog thus slowing it down? Certainly not a new idea.

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/08/22 10:27 PM

Not sure, but great idea for my next frog race laugh

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/12/22 09:56 PM

Felony Charges filed
Posted by: Don D

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/13/22 03:30 PM

Two men indicted in Ohio on charges of cheating in fishing tournament. They took their boat, trailer and all their equipment also. Face up to 18 months in jail plus 2500. fine.

Re: Walleye tournament cheaters busted! - 10/29/22 10:27 AM

A post shared by OFFICIALLY OFFSHORE 🌊 (@officiallyoffshore)