Coastal Access Guide Now Online!

Posted by: Mitch P.

Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 06/13/04 04:00 PM

The DEP's Coastal Access Guide is now available here:
http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/

This is a great resource for shore fishermen. There's even info. for other activities, such as boating, swimming, hiking, etc.

The site is set up very well, and includes a search engine.

Great job DEP!

Access it here:

http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/
Posted by: JP

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 06/13/04 07:12 PM

Mitch,

Thank you for this handy info/guide.

It's very informative.

JP
Posted by: Bill S

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 06/14/04 02:11 AM

sweet
Posted by: jimmy

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 06/15/04 12:43 PM

Mitch,
thanks for keeping us up to date with this type of information.
Posted by: tomashton

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 06/20/04 04:21 PM

I have the hard copy of it Which i have had for about 2 years now, But it's good that it is now on line.
Posted by: keep em swimming

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/12/04 06:06 PM

thanks mitch-good infromation
Posted by: FuzzyGazz

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 09/02/04 02:47 AM

Thanks Mitch-Nice guide.
Posted by: JLMOS

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 12/01/04 11:31 PM

Thanks Mitch, this will hopefully increase my saltwater success??????? \:o \:o
Posted by: MarkC

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 02/17/05 09:37 PM

Cool, I love this site! Thanks Mitch!
Posted by: mikek06511

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 03/08/05 01:13 AM

Mitch I am surprised! Shame on you!
"Fishing Reports - Only Start a New Topic if You've Gone Fishing " :rolleyes: \:D :rolleyes: \:D
Posted by: SunganaBeach

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 03/08/05 01:53 AM

Mike are you going to suspend him? ;\)
Posted by: JTRoxburyCT

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 11/10/05 01:36 AM

Dude thank you so much for that web page, I could only fish bonds dock soooo much before I just get sick of it I need some big strippers and there not always there Thanks again
Posted by: WalleyeWayne

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 03/18/06 12:52 AM

Nice
Posted by: richard

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 04/11/07 02:21 AM

thank you!
Posted by: rollin D

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 05/16/07 03:48 AM

sweet.....thank you.....
Posted by: Travistroop

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 04/04/12 10:38 AM

Thanks Just what I needed!
Posted by: W.G.

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 04/01/15 06:32 PM

All right, Mitch! Thanks
Posted by: The Fish Man

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/23/18 09:31 AM

You can scratch Cornfield Point off the list. For the second time this month I have been thrown out of there at dusk by the beach association president and the Old Saybrook police. There are now five large boulders blocking the parking spot. This includes the handicapped parking spot.
I would urge anyone who reads this to contact Senator Art Linares and First Selectman Carl Fortuna to respectfully request the boulders be removed and access reopened. I believe that the shore access and improved parking was federally and state mandated as just that, a public shore access spot.
I have contacted Senator Linares, Mr. Fortuna's office, Senator Richard Blumenthal, Senator Chris Murphy and Governor Malloy. It's our resource, not the beach associations.
Posted by: Don P

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/23/18 02:07 PM

Jeeez Rich.....you get thrown out by the big guns. smile1 Did you get any fishing in before you got kicked out?...anything good? I know you didn't go quietly. laugh

It is a shame shore access like that is trying to be taken away. WHAT really is the harm in having people fish there in the eyes of the Beach Assoc President? It would be interesting to know they history of how that access spot and parking became to be....like you said Fed grant?

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/23/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: mikek06511
Mitch I am surprised! Shame on you!
"Fishing Reports - Only Start a New Topic if You've Gone Fishing " rolleyes laugh rolleyes laugh

YEA WHAT THE HECK???!!!! I got kicked of the site (one of many times) years ago by Mitch for posting I had an open seat to take someone trout fishing opening week because it wasn't a "fishing report."

frown deadhorse

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/23/18 06:10 PM

So I have contacted Gov. Malloy, Dick Blumenthal, Chris Murphy, Art Linares, Carl Fortuna and the Hartford Courant so far. My next call is to the New London Day. If you value being able to pull up at a favorite fishing access point, and throwing a few casts, you should join in on this. This is all of our access, not just "theirs". I will be damned if I will relent, for one minute, to the select few who deem the ocean access to be theirs.
A little helpful hint, until I get an email list comprised....google Gov. Malloy, Chris Murphy, Richard Blumenthal, Art Linares, Devin Carey (Art Carney, of the honeymooners' great grand son) and the DEEP and Carl Fortuna, First selectman for Old Saybrook, and take the few moments to voice your opinion via email. You may not think your voice counts but it does.
Posted by: jonh

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/23/18 06:17 PM

If you want Murphy and Blumenthal to help you should tell them you are here illegally and fear deportation.

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/24/18 09:06 AM

Blumenthal would show up for a garage door opening!

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/24/18 12:30 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/28/18 12:11 PM

Rich are you going to post an update with the good news?!!!!....well done CTF & CT Shoreline Access Advocate

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/29/18 12:19 PM

An update on Cornfield Point shoreline access...
We have won the battle, but not sure we have won the war. It seems that several allies, and I, have ruffled feathers with some prominent people in town. Allow me to explain.
I have contacted everyone from our Governor, right down to state Representatives and local selectmen and woman, and had a face to face with the beach association president (his wife is the selectwoman) when being thrown out. The amount of blowback that each had received has produced removal of the boulders that were closing off this beach access. Again, the war is probably not over.
There will be heightened vigilance at this area. The one hour parking law will be strictly enforced. If you so much as spit out the tag end of a leader that you were tying, it will be construed as litter.
It will be incumbent upon anyone using this area to police it as if it was your front yard.
To that point, there are many access points in our state that are abused. Not by sportsmen, but by those who go and fish, and have zero respect for the area. There is litter, drug use, and other happenings that we would not want to see in our neighborhoods. I ask each of you to be the eyes and ears of our resources. Try not to ask people to police themselves, as that can lead to confrontation. I rather ask that if you see littering, drug use, or the like, call 911. That is what they are there for.
Please do not take this matter lightly, as legislation allows beach associations to restrict access, unless it is a qualified DEEP shoreline access. I ask for your help in preventing litter and abuse at these areas, and your help in preventing any domino effect that this issue may create.

Respectfully
Rich the Fish Man.

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/29/18 12:34 PM

Excellent! Great job Rich

1 hour parking limit at a fishing spot is pretty tight, but 1 hour fishing is better than none. Suggest everyone ties their gear up at home and park there ready to cast so you don't waste time during your 1 hour stint.
Posted by: macattack678

Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! - 08/29/18 02:06 PM

Awesome Job Rich. Thank you for your persistence.