Thanks for the generosity

Posted by: O-BASS

Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 12:49 AM

there are FEW places left where someones word is any good these days. CTF is still one of them.

i just wanted to thank my friend and member Oldschool for the firewood he gave me tonight (offered here to members) . he did a lot of work, and all he asked was for a fishing trip later on...ill make good on that, about 6 times over smile1

but seriously, how many times has one of us benifited from the goodwill another member has shown, for little or nothing in return?
and, where else can you come to almost expect generosity as the norm, rather than the exception? trips, trades, discount sales, food, recipes, tips, coupons, sales at stores, locations, tactics, get togethers, events, clean ups, videos, prayers, charities....on and on.

nothing like CTF.

i guess its kindness and integrity that define what the phrase "oldschool" really was, and it turns out still is.

O'
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 01:04 AM

Amen to that!!!!!
Posted by: Ole Glory

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 01:19 AM

A close knit family indeed. Thank you all!
Posted by: CAPT. HOOP

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 01:28 AM

My wife and I know better than anybody. We will never be able to repay the people on this site.

Thanks to everybody again.

Life is Good!
Posted by: RichZ

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 01:34 AM

I can't even count the times people on this site came up big for me. I guess that's true of the fishing community in general, to a certain extent. But here, it's mindset that really dominates.
Posted by: Climber

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 04:06 AM

I agree completley!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 04:17 AM

CTF = the people!

This website is simply a vehicle that allows us all to communicate.
Posted by: Tackleman

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 09:17 AM

Ayut.. great place. But watch out for pirates... smirk
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 09:21 AM

Here Here.... beerchug
Best folks on the planet!!
Posted by: Shep Sr.

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 10:07 AM

I agree! Everone I've met always steps up to the plate when needed.
Posted by: Michael-SW CT

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 09:09 PM

If it wasn't for CTF then I would have never gotten a brand new bike for free back when my other one got stolen at Beardsley Park.
Posted by: mikek06511

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 09:59 PM

Great you can pedal it out to fish on my boat again this summer! Let's go find you some bruiser blues!!!!!!

Posted by: Michael-SW CT

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/07/10 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mikek06511
Great you can pedal it out to fish on my boat again this summer! Let's go find you some bruiser blues!!!!!!

You'll have to pay me back for all the riding by getting me to a non-stop blitz so I can use all of my Skitter Pops!
Posted by: Don D

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 02:09 PM

I have met and become friends with so many people because of CTF. Speaking of deals, I have a few more rods and reels I'm bringing to the swap meet.(Shameless Advertising) biggrin
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 02:37 PM

Yep, I count Don as one of my friends after our first meeting.

I had never met Don until he offered to help me move in items to the the 2004 Fishing & Hunting Expo in Hartford.

I remember thinking, who is this guy and why his he offering to help?

I can be stubborn sometimes and not want help from anyone.

But one thing I've learned over the years is that if someone is offering to help you, sometimes it's a good idea to take them up on it. There are some things you just can't do alone.

Since then, I've always considered Don a friend.

Besides the friendship, the bonus is the knowledge I can gain on many subjects from one of my elders. biggrin

Don helping move in and set-up the booth for 2004 Fishing & Hunting Expo in Hartford.
Posted by: Don D

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 03:02 PM

Thanks Mitch for the kind words. And yes, I am an elder statesman biggrin and consider you a friend also.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 06:18 PM

Awesome Michael! No you can ride after those bearded clams or fur bunnies!
Posted by: PDona

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 06:39 PM

What a crew !
I have to say CTF is a way of life. I don't think I would be friends with Paul D, or largefry if we weren't on here. I know I'd be a lot richer, with a lot less fishing equipment ! banghead biggrin
Posted by: Tackleman

Re: Thanks for the generosity - 02/10/10 07:11 PM

Don D a friend??

He's a metal chucking, tube draggin, fiddlehead!!