Dusty

Posted by: RayZCT

Dusty - 03/26/14 06:04 PM

Congrats to our own Dust Man, you know how family businesses are, you move up the line when someone passes away. Wonder how he pulled that one off!
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:08 PM

Heard rumors, and here I thought I was in the informed click. How high up is the Nebraska position?
Posted by: Bo_Neato

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul D.
Heard rumors, and here I thought I was in the informed click. How high up is the Nebraska position?

Somewhere between 40-43°N...

Congrats, Dustball. biggrin
Posted by: chris med

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:20 PM

I reckon there was a "press release" at work???
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:22 PM

WTF is a Dusty???
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
WTF is a Dusty???
Posted by: RayZCT

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:47 PM

WTF is a Dusty???

CTF's own "could have been a Classic winner" who became a shelf stocker at one of the great outdoor gear peddlers who is now headed to the middle of America.

Best wishes Dustin, try to keep us in the loop on upcoming sales.
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 07:50 PM

Congrats D!!!! headbanger1
Looking forward to hearing more about your promotion.

Maintenance can be a very rewarding career.... biggrin
Posted by: Dusty

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 08:02 PM

I'll fill in the details as I get time...moving to Nebraska in June for a promotion. To Hard lines sales support business manager. Thats a lot of words for "the guy who works with the merchant team and the store teams to develop new sales programs, training, product development, atf compliance and overall retail operation efficiencies"

I'm really excited about the position..
Nebraska....well not as excited...but what cha gonna do smile1

PS there will be a going away tournament most likely on Mashapaug or Gardner come end of May!!
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 08:07 PM

Congrats... KKK must be kicking himself in the ass... no pun intended smile1

I can't make that freshwater tournament, but perhaps one last salt water adventure....
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Dusty

PS there will be a going away tournament most likely on Mashapaug or Gardner come end of May!!

I would like to come if I could borrow someone's auger and tip-ups....
Posted by: Dusty

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
Congrats... KKK must be kicking himself in the ass... no pun intended smile1

I can't make that freshwater tournament, but perhaps one last salt water adventure....

Oh absolutely!

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 08:37 PM

Congrads Dusty a few of us have been rooting for ya all along. applause The Mid- west has its' pluses.
Posted by: Jim&Sylvia

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:26 PM

Dusty,

So happy for you!!!! This is a great opportunity for your family. Great place to raise the kids!!! Best of luck and will definitely miss you!

Sylvia & Jim
Posted by: Frank

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:30 PM

Congratulations Dusty. Best of luck to you and the family.
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:39 PM

gun friendly and filled with hunting and fishing opportunitys. i cant see the down side, except in the temperature department.

walleye abound...

great stuff man, congrats!
Posted by: swwind

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dusty
I'm really excited about the position..
Nebraska....well not as excited...but what cha gonna do smile1

Do another great job and PICK your next destination ! Congrats - its well deserved

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:52 PM

Todd; Sydney is the HQ for the company. He can only move up in the building now.
Posted by: hsb

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 09:59 PM

Congrats Dusty.
Posted by: trout tracker

Re: Dusty - 03/26/14 10:17 PM

Congrats on the promotion!
Posted by: Stormshadow

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 03:08 AM

Congrats Dusty!!!!!
Posted by: EGGNOG

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 05:50 AM

Congrats Dusty, good luck.
Posted by: Joe Grenus

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 06:46 AM

From a Husky to a Corn Husker. Congrats on the promo.
Posted by: Bob G

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 06:51 AM

Congrats Dusty good luck.

Make the best of the area, after all it's family first anyway. Just think of it as a new adventure.
Posted by: tommy

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 07:23 AM

Way to go Dusty, congrats.
Posted by: BOB GASPAR

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 07:40 AM

Way to go! I'm sure you will make the best of it!! God's Blessings Bob
Posted by: MikeG

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 08:52 AM

Congrats Dusty !!!!

Posted by: Louie-Louie

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 09:09 AM

Way to go. Congrats.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 09:19 AM

Way to go Dusty! Good luck all around!
Posted by: Buck

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 09:22 AM

Dusty, good luck with the move and the new career opportunity. Moving to a totally new part of the country can be very exciting. Meeting new people, new areas to hunt and fish and experiencing new traditions are all part of the fun of moving. Congrats on making the move.
Syndney is well positioned for a lot of different opportunities. Within Nebraska you are between the North and South Platte rivers and you have a large reservoir (Lake McConaughy) near enough that looks like the size of Candlewood. Colorado is about 30 miles away and Wyoming about 60 miles right down Rt. 80. Getting to good spots requires some travel but travelling is easy out there.
Best of luck with the move and your new home and career.
Posted by: jimfish

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 09:25 AM

Congrats Dusty
Posted by: Mycept

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 10:12 AM

Way to go dusty - glad things have worked out so well
Posted by: Jeremiah G

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 11:11 AM

Congrats mister.

When I first saw this thread I thought you may of started working at Bass Pro Shops...
Posted by: Jighead

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 11:13 AM

applause
Posted by: RichZ

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 11:57 AM

Congrats Dusty.
Posted by: Ouchigan

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 12:34 PM

cool beans
Posted by: Bass addict

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 12:36 PM

Nebraska looks like a great place to live and raise a family. I love CT but the politicians are ruining this state and it will only get worse as the citizens in this state are perfectly happy leaders.

You will have a much lower cost of living, good schools for you kids, awesome outdoor recreational activities, fiscally conservative politicians, good economy with good paying jobs and low crime. Sounds like a smart move to me, good luck to you and your family.
Posted by: Thom T

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 01:59 PM

Congrats to you and your family. My cousin did the ssme type of thing for timberland shoes he just got a promotion which is good lots less traveling for him.
Posted by: Jon Pski

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 02:35 PM

Congratulations Dusty. Best of luck to you.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 04:14 PM

Congrats Dusty! beerchug
Posted by: Scott D

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 05:11 PM

Congrats Dusty!
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 05:38 PM

Todd; Sydney is the HQ for the company. He can only move up in the building now.

And that's a sweet move in any large company. One shot. No bouncing around. My recently departed manager moved here from Puerto Rico less than 6 years ago to move a rung up the Walgreens ladder. He just moved to Houston back in October to take his next step in the supply chain ladder. No doubt he'll have to move again, cause there's more rungs on the ladder still. And he's got a wife & daughter in tow as well.

Congrats Dusty! Post some pics of the corporate campus if you can, would like to see it. Moving can't be that bad, you hated CT anyways. wink2 Get it out of the way and let your kids grow up in 1 neighborhood.

Let us know if you're having a tag sale. Looking for a TV and wood paneling.
Posted by: Bo_Neato

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Trooper_Bri

And that's a sweet move in any large company. One shot. No bouncing around. My recently departed manager moved here from Puerto Rico less than 6 years ago to move a rung up the Walgreens ladder. He just moved to Houston back in October to take his next step in the supply chain ladder. No doubt he'll have to move again, cause there's more rungs on the ladder still. And he's got a wife & daughter in tow as well.

Congrats Dusty! Post some pics of the corporate campus if you can, would like to see it. Moving can't be that bad, you hated CT anyways. wink2 Get it out of the way and let your kids grow up in 1 neighborhood.

Let us know if you're having a tag sale. Looking for a TV and wood paneling.

Plasma or LCD?

Dusty, I think you should do a going away "roast" thread, it would certainly rival the one BlueFox did.
Posted by: DEN

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 06:34 PM

Well, done Dusty! Tough decision but at least your at the mothership rather than one of the satellites, best of luck to you and your family!
Posted by: Joe.G

Re: Dusty - 03/27/14 09:33 PM

Congrats Dusty... Good things come to those who earn it. I guess I'll have to find someone to fish the yearly ratfest with.
Posted by: Chris D

Re: Dusty - 03/28/14 08:42 AM

Sounds like Cabelas is a legit meritocracy.
Congratulations Dusty!
- Chris
Posted by: firehawk

Re: Dusty - 03/28/14 11:18 AM

congrats Dusty......
Posted by: CAPT. HOOP

Re: Dusty - 03/29/14 09:59 PM

Outstanding news!!!!

Best of luck Dusty. You worked your ass off for the chance that was given you. Keep riding the train up the mountain. I'm happy for you.
Posted by: air leak

Re: Dusty - 03/30/14 07:51 AM

cool-text Congratulations!
Posted by: joe sabas the fishin magician

Re: Dusty - 03/30/14 10:00 AM

Congrats. And best of luck in your new endeavor,you certainly deserve it.
Posted by: Reno

Re: Dusty - 03/30/14 11:02 AM

Congratulations Dusty. Best of luck to you and the family.
Posted by: StarkC69

Re: Dusty - 03/30/14 07:38 PM

Well Deserved Dusty! Congratulations on the promotion and new family adventure...Very Happy for you!!