I recently asked for and purchased a hunting/fishing combo license, and paid $58.00. This was New Years day. Upon talking with other icefishermen, they said I paid too much for a hunt/fish combo and too little for an "all waters" license.
Last year I purchased a $10 saltwater license, only to be told by officers that I didn't need one.
My gripe is this; no one knew what they were doing last year when selling the marine license, but they took my money. This year, the retailers didn't know what they were doing, and sold me a hunt/fish combo without marine. Now I have to pay full price for the marine license. What recourse do I have? I am of the mind that I play stupid when checked, and say, sure I have my license, as I asked for a hunt/fish combo. The entire thing is a mess. There was zero education to the retail community as to how to sell these things. The state didn't even know if you needed one or not. Where do I stand on this?
Thanks.

Behold the fisherman. Mighty are his preparations. He arises early and full of hope. He fishes all day and returns late in the evening, smelling afoul, and the truth is not in him.