Okay. My plan is to not purchase any licenses this year. Hunting or fishing. Nadda_ Not playing by these rules. That being said I have no intention of not getting out there. If I have to rent a charter and pay 10 times what the license costs I would rather give my cash to a someone in business than give a dime to the state. Nothing against EnCon enforcement. You guys are not the problem.

So_ a couple of questions:

I know for the marine district if I am on a party boat or a charter I do not need a license but one thing is not clear. Some charter captains or "guides" might be a better word will allow you to either come aboard on their boat OR will go with you and use your vessel. Is it the charter captain that exempts me from the license requirement or is it the fact that I am on his boat??

Same question for fresh water. Can I get a charter for the CT river and not have to purchase a license myself or is it different for fresh water. Also same issue with the his boat or mine thing.

Also I believe there are a couple of private hunting preserves where a state license is not required. Any comments on that situation?

Thanks,
-o.f.

"Let the people think they govern and they will be governed."
--William Penn