Originally Posted By: EnCon Police
I'm sorry that we were unable to respond as quickly as you would like, but we are doing the best we can with what staffing we have available.

An apology is the last thing you should be saying here Captain Camejo. When I had an issue last year with the James Joseph you (and the DEP in general) were MORE then helpful and I personally thank you for that.

The Officer that called me back yesterday was great as well. He was extremely helpful and you could tell he wanted to know everything about the situation. Asked details about the boat and called back to make sure all the information was correct while informing me of the progress. I wish I could personally thank him for all his help.

It's just frustrating and discouraging when I'm out there in the early morning watching them pillage the entire harbor. I know for a fact that one boat isn't registered and the other doesnt even have it's full numbers listed. They're in and out in a few hours taking with them a few thousand bunker every morning. If it's legal then it is what it is. But when it appears to be an illegal operation, it's a different story.

I personally got into a tiff with one of them b/c he yelled at me for running over the bunker. Other's have complained b/c they wake boats in the harbor flying around and they dont even appear to be legit. There's a reason I paid $455 for my Captain's license, Gill net renewal and Saltwater license. It's to be legal and abide by the law in order to run a legit business. I feel hopeless when others dont do the same. It's even worse knowing that what they're doing is going to have a negative impact on hundreds of local fisherman.

I wish there was more that I could do but unfortunately I've done all I could. I've never once complained about the DEP and am not at all now. I've watched you help others and have ALWAYS helped me when I needed it. Keep up the great work and I know everything will work out here. I'll continue to call if I see them back at it. Thank you again for all your help.

Captain Jay Oliveira
http://jayhovacharters.com/