My son Dan got his Journeyman's card yesterday. Passed his test and is now licensed in MA & NH.

Back 4 years ago he finished his 1st year of college with great grades and promptly told me he hated school and didn't want anything to do with going back.

Huh??? Well then what the hell do you plan on doing????

He said "I was thinking about taking up a trade, how do you feel about me becoming an electrician?" I said... go for it, what do you need?

Well he didn't need anything but a car loan from me and he set about finding an electrician to apprentice with and getting his 4 years of schooling completed.

The way things are in today's world I really think his choice was as good as many of the 4 year degrees (in 5yrs or more) kids get now a days. The best part is he did it on his own working the whole time.

Dan

My oldest son Pat (Bent Twig) besides becoing an excellent fisherman and stealing all my spots, recently earned the grade of Master Seageant in the USAF. Although he doesn't hold that position yet he's in a very short line to get a crack at it.

Pat also managed to work his way through school at night while advancing up the ranks at Barnes AFB in westfield, MA. He's got a BS in criminal justice and is not far from his masters.

The best part is he's gonna make me a grandfather sometime in January 2011 so I'll soon have another young life to corrupt!!

Pat

I know I'm bragging here, but I am very proud of them. Am I lucky or what?

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!