Originally Posted By: KeyWest Glenn
I'm posting here to clarify something.
I was part of Matt's life beyond fishing. I met his wife and daughter way before "the bomb dropped". There were personal/family reasons why they split. I'm not going into detail because that info is "personal". Sally (the ex) is not a heartless b!tch that just decided one day to leave Matt. Marriage is something that requires an equal balance of many things within a family and something was missing in this one. Alot of us knew Channel Matt but only some knew Matt, Sally, and Katrina Shoell. Just my 2 cents.

ditto.
Please, please guys...don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, but we all know relationships are so complex. Situations change for reasons that we sometimes wish we had the answer for or the vision to see.
Matt and Sally remained amicable. They are both GREAT people,and nobody is perfect.

Both Sally and Katrina are going through a very difficult time right now. Katrina has not accepted this yet and hoping it is not real. Sally is remembering Matt, her fairytale prince from years ago when she felt they had it all. It is difficult and complex.

If it makes people feel better, Trooper Bri made a good suggestion to direct donations to "Katrina Fund" of sorts.
Please out of respect for the family, help to heal their pain during this difficult time and soften the tone.

FYI...
So far, no apparent cause of death. Further tests being done.

Matt's family is now thinking of cremation and "Celebration of Life" when his parents can return from FL in July.

Paul and I would like to try to coordinate a Titt's Island memorial fishing event. Date to be determined, will need another thread and keep you posted with more info.

I do more "fishing" than catching!