Having worked all last year on the oil spill and paying high taxes after expences I had a little money left over so I decided to get a boat shed to keep my boat out of the sun and weather. The sun is by far the most damaging on our boats and cars down here. The aluminum ones are ok but they fall apart in high winds. After weighing in all the factors I decided on a commercial steel one rated for 150 mph winds.

The concrete work was one delay after another with many things not getting done right untill I called it out to them and I almost regreted even thinking about this no less going through with it. The slab was to be poured 2 months before the building was to arrive. The building had to be made to specks. It is not a kit building to buy and put up. The slab finally got poured. It took 82 yds of concrete. At 7:00 the next day the truck arrived with the building. We had to wait 2 weeks for the concrete to set up before we could start the building.

There are 4 guys putting this up and I will put up progress reports and pictures. I will be able to put my 2 charter boats in it and all my equipment. The shed I have stuffed with everything will be used for bait freezers (3) and a few other things once cleaned out. The new shed will also have an overhang in front to give us a car port for 4 cars. It will have 2 bay doors 14 feet high and 12 feet high for the boats to go in and a walk in door into my work area.

Started out with a thought but why not do it right to begin with.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459