It was a great time and having it early in the year for better action was a great move. We caught fish only a couple of ways. I'm sure we could have caught them other ways, but we didn't need to. At one point Kayla and I had a double. She of course pointed out that her 13" lmb was bigger than my 9" smb. It was a classic fishing situation. I had a lmb swim up under my topwater, but not take it. I told Kayla to cast her lizzard over there and reel in very slowly. As I hooked a short smb she yells I got one. Chaos ensued, but I'll take that kind of chaos in the boat anytime.

First fish of the day.

Best fish of the day that weighed 1.99 lbs, but only took third in the 7 and under category . . . some big fish were caught by the youngsters.

A family of snakes that Kayla and I enjoyed watching for a little bit. Kayla wanted to hold one, but I thought it would be better to continue letting them rest together. If it was one solo, maybe, but they looked very happy sitting there.

At the weigh in.

Thanks to Paul and all those who helped organize the event. Thanks to Joe for another great show (always Kayla's favorite part).

Here Fishy Fishy!

MY BOAT!