What a great day!
Special thanks to Paul for all of his hard work to organize such a great event! bowdown

Joe, your show makes me smile as much as it does for the children- you're the best!! biggrin

I only wish more members would come out and fish with their kids or take a member and their kids out for a day. I hope next year is bigger and better.

I had the pleasure of sharing my boat with Mycept and his 8 year old fishing machine, Josh.
We caught a bunch of fish all morning , literally from the first cast, right up until the end of the event.
Josh was high hook for the day with 13 fish landed! headbanger1

Variety and numbers was the name of the game, we caught largemouth, smallmouth, pickerel, sunnies and crappie. Josh kept hoping for a catfish, I'm not really sure why, but he wanted a catfish really bad... smile1

We caught fish on a drop shot rig, soft jerkbait, hard jerkbait and live worms.

I totally enjoyed hanging with Mycept and talking hunting and fishing all morning and Josh was a hardcore, hammer down, fishing machine all day.

Great pizza and the prizes were excellent!

Very special thanks to everyone that attended the Game Dinner/Tackle Swap or Piketoberfest and made this day possible! Also thanks to Cabelas for donating rods and reels as prizes!

Here's a few pics from the morning:

Mycept and Josh with a dandy pickerel

Josh with a nice crappie

One of many solid sunfish to make it to the boat

Father and son in position.... Josh hooks, fights and lands another sunfish, Mycept unhooks, releases sunfish and rebaits the hook. Repeat often.... So perfect! biggrin

A box makes a fun place to hide from the other kids..

Edited by Tall 1 (06/10/12 06:15 PM)