The limit on barrel length is 12 inches (see below)

If you want to deer hunt, my suggestion is a 6" or 8" barrel. You get the maximum velocity out of a round with the longer barrel and they will be a bit more accurate. A 4 inch barrel works reasonably well out to about 25 yards and a 2" barrel is good for gunfights in an elevator. If I were going to try to take down a deer, personally, I would go with a minimum of a 6" barrel.

Sec. 26-82a. Private land revolver permit to hunt deer. Requirements. The commissioner shall issue, upon payment of a five-dollar fee, to the owner of ten or more acres of private land or a resident of this state, who has the consent of the owner of ten or more acres of private land, a private land revolver permit that allows the use of a revolver, as defined in section 29-27, to hunt deer from November first to December thirty-first, inclusive, pursuant to the bag limit established for a private land deer permit under subsection (a) of section 26-86a. Any person authorized to hunt deer by revolver pursuant to this section shall use a cartridge of .357 caliber or larger for such purpose.

Sec. 29-27. "Pistol" and "revolver" defined. The term "pistol" and the term "revolver", as used in sections 29-28 to 29-38, inclusive, mean any firearm having a barrel less than twelve inches in length.