In a nutshell, what’s happening is web browsers and the forum software don’t always play nice together.

Although Firefox, etc., continually release updates, the forum software I’m running here hasn’t come out with a release in a while. The software company ownership changed hands over a year ago and they’ve been operating at a snail’s pace at releasing an update. However, I do know they are working on it. I believe the next release will help with issues like this. Despite the delay in a release, there are many benefits to this product over others and I have stuck with it, as opposed to switching to another option.

In the meantime, double check your auto-fill settings. That will speed up your log-in without having to type everything fully out. I use the latest version of Firefox and don't have to fully type out log-in and password to log-in here.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/control-firefox-automatically-fills-in-forms

P.S. Please come to Piketoberfest so I can dispel any rumors and answer any other questions you have in person. biggrin