I stepped into the river at 6 and caught my first fish of the morning on my 2nd cast, a spunky 12” starter with an attitude.
I continued to pick a part that area and caught two more similar sized fish without ever taking another step. After a few minutes I decided I needed to continue exploring and worked my way out into deeper water where hopefully the bigger fish would be willing to play.

Steadily I picked up one here and one there all on top water, as I made my way along the channel, Some fish slurped in the bait and others exploded on it with violent hits.
I also missed another 4 or 5 hits but you rarely get them to hit again once they go for it.

I ended up with nine fish for the day but no bigs, but I did land some solid ones that all fought great in the current and jumped like crazy which made it well worth the effort to get to them.

I covered about a mile of river today before it got hot and it was time to head out. It had been another successful, exciting and very productive top water adventure.

A few pics:

Edited by Tall 1 (08/01/20 07:39 PM)