Great trip. Thanks for sharing details. You consistently do well. Interesting that you did very well with top water. I fished the CT north of the Farmington and have had little to show for it the last few trips. I fish the opposite of how you do. Fishing from a boat, I drift and try to focus on covering literally miles of water. Fishing this way, I only get a cast or two at prime structure and between the drift and my retrieve the lure is usually moving at a speed more suited to catch bonito than smallies. Doing the same thing each time and expecting a miraculous turn around is beyond crazy and just plain stupid. Next time out, I will follow your example. I will go to the area that I know holds fish and instead of working it like reading Playboy while my wife turns the pages, I will anchor up and work the area completely. The Windsor area has a ton of eel grass which should have some water over it by the weekend courtesy of Isaias. I will try fishing less water better and see how it goes. When we are safe Covid-wise, I will invite you to fish with me on the boat as you have got this small mouth thing down. Thanks again for the help your reports provide.

Tight lines,

MikeV