Thanks to Paul for organizing and hosting and to everyone else for great food and conversation at the after party. Thanks to Capt and Mitch and Paul Dona and everyone else who provided prizes and for keeping this going. I had the pictures in my camera so I will give the first update from our boat and River Roamer may follow. River Roamer and I launched in Rocky Hill around 7:30 am where there were no docks and the thermometer in the truck said 37 degrees F. We fished main river. About 8:15 am River Roamer hooked and landed a 36 inch pike on a swim bait fishing along edges of weeds. Soon after I had a follow on a 1 oz daredevle but it spooked before I could drop the spoon back. Around 10:50 am River Roamer was given a nice surprise when another 36 incher grabbed the same Swimbait at boat side. It was likely same year class as first one but a different fish as this one was missing a piece of its tail but was still thick and heavy. About 20 mins after Rver Roamer released his fish, I hooked and landed a 33 3/4 inch pike that inhaled a now discontinued flat sided crank bait. All fish released and swam away.

Baldpelican