Believe it or not, the majority of tourneys throughout the state of CT usually have from 5-20 participants. There are not all that many commercial tourneys, maybe the FLW which is going on now at the CT River is the biggest(with the most publicity) this year. The amount of tourneys at Candlewood is absolutely crazy!!! It's the biggest lake in CT, and one of the best fisheries in CT, loaded with huge SMB, LMB, and Walleye. I'm really surprised that the ramps aren't in worse condition. People come from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Mass., and R.I. to fish this lake. The supervision is quite consistant, so I wouldn't attempt any illegal tourneys on this lake (or any other). It could cost you your ability to recieve permits. Usually a 10 man tourney isn't a big deal, and if the lake or launch you want is occupied, someone at Inland Fisheries in Hartford could give you a list of what's available for that day and what may be more productive fish-wise. With a fax machine, you might even be able to get a last- minute touney approved in a few days (depending on the lake and launch and please don't quote me, I can't make any promises). I will also personally go out of my way to try to make it happen. I love to fish myself, so I understand the NEED. People who don't feel this way about fishing just don't understand.

AC6: Boycotting Michael McDonald since 2003