ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1134750 - 09/25/09 10:05 AM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: OHMYGOD]
hoppy Offline

guys and gals.............dont worry. she will bounce back just fine.
the fish are alittle smarter then we give the credit for. sure you will have some die off but thats to be expected. and besides it will be filled back up in a few weeks and then we have another 6 months for it to get back to normal. im sure these fish have found the deeper channels and pockets. i wouldnt worry about it to much.
Fishing Info
#1134757 - 09/25/09 10:36 AM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: hoppy]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Lets hope hoppy, but I know for a fact there are no deep holes left above the old dam.
And if there are, only about 2' deep pools
were found yesterday in my walk from the 187/189 bridge, and they are very small, maybe the plasic kid pool size if that!

And the res is still dropping as I type, I'm going to check every day
until the fill starts again.

Oh I know it will bounce back, lets hope they won't have to do this
type of draining again for a long long time.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1134763 - 09/25/09 10:53 AM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: hoppy]
edaves Offline

in the 90es Hopeville pond dam was rebuilt. The gate was opened and all the pond drained. The fish that got out were trapped in the pool below the dam. The local heroes went there with scoop nets and took out all they could. Because I can't mind my own business I called the DEP and reported it. I was told by the person I talked to "What do you want us to do" Needless to say I flipped. Anyway, I learned several things with that event. First of all there was huge crawfish, that led me to get into jig fishing, at that time I was all hung up on finesse fishing. Next thing I noticed was the large population of ells, that led me to use plastic worms like the culprit worms in black shad and red shad. The most important thing I learned was about the mechanics of fish finders. For the most part I had a good understanding of structure in this pond,however, there was two places that were very complicated and I missed that with my fish finders.I eventual went into walleye articles to get more detailed info on bottom searching with sonar and how to search a area in one direction and then go back over the area in a different direction. This one thing showed me how to find some hidden hiddey spots. As far as fish populations it only took the pond a few years to spring back, of course fish getting out of Pachaugh really sped things up
#1134767 - 09/25/09 11:02 AM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: edaves]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

They need to drain Hopeville again the place sucks it is so weeded up . But anyways Rox as stated above the fish for the mostpart should make a good comeback . Hopeville was back to GOOD fishing within a year and all that was there was a little channel running down the middle

Edited by thefinaltimeout (09/25/09 11:02 AM)

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1134943 - 09/25/09 06:13 PM Re: RAINBOW RES CLOSED!! [Re: OHMYGOD]
Inspector Gadget Offline

Loc: Columbia, CT.
I just went by there but the workmen had left for the day. I will stop in on Monday and get information on the when they will be complete.

Be a sportsman always.
#1135010 - 09/25/09 09:22 PM Re: RAINBOW RES CLOSED!! [Re: Inspector Gadget]
tav Offline

Loc: southington ct.
not familer with the place but why do they drain that lake and what do they get out of it. .

#1135166 - 09/26/09 03:43 PM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: MOONSHINER]
COBRA BAIT Offline

Why is a Sad Shad Sad?

Loc: Haddam sweet Haddam
higganum resivoir was drained for years, and no one thought any fish were in there any more, it literally was just a small stream running through. all the bass (and big ones especially) had moved north to the pools below the water fall. so the place wasnt really hurt to bad at all.
#1135829 - 09/28/09 04:01 PM Re: RAINBOW RES CLOSED!! [Re: tav]
Inspector Gadget Offline

Loc: Columbia, CT.
Gate locked again today, I don' know what hours these guys work. They may be waiting for parts ???????

Be a sportsman always.
#1135848 - 09/28/09 05:03 PM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS UPDATE [Re: COBRA BAIT]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Here are some updated pictures.
I walked in from 187 and snapped whats left of the water levels
down this end.

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

I also stopped at the ramp walked down to find them Blocking the launch
so no one trys to launch when they do open the gates again.

Click to enlarge...

They had no clue when the repairs to the dam may be finished.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1135902 - 09/28/09 06:55 PM Re: RAINBOW RES IN TOTAL RUINS [Re: Daddy Pickle]
BRShuntfish Offline

OMG I matched my largest smallmouth right in front of the camp at the fork in your first photo. What a shame... By the way it was 4 pounds. I hope it rebounds....

Brian Roy Stevens
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics