Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1140643 - 10/12/09 07:26 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Mario]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
I see where your coming from OMG but I think the dam does more harm then this guy with how low they drained it. it might take years for it to return to the way it was.

not agreeing with the guy at all. he is 100% wrong and I am sure DEP has seen this post and like BA said take many many pics
Fishing Info
#1140645 - 10/12/09 07:29 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: swwind]
Z Fisher Offline
Random Fisher

Loc: Newtown
Yeah, call the wetlands or land use officer for the town. If they have one (some towns give wetlands enforcement to a town employee as an "additional" duty), they'll send him/her over. This is definitely something that would require a permit.

And, just cause you own the property doesn't mean you can do what you want it. Generally towns have a law that requires a permit within so many feet of a wetland. The distance varies by town. But it would definitely include doing something within the wetland. Having a bulldozer actually in the wetland clearly qualifies.
#1140677 - 10/12/09 09:43 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: swwind]
EnCon Police Offline

Guys...I'm out of the office until Saturday. I would suggest calling the town inland/wetland commission, the town zoning dept and the DEP Water Bureau. (I don't know if DEP has authority in this or not....this is not something we get involved in with the EnCon Police)

Contact information:

Aquifer Protection Area Program
Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
Bureau of Water Protection and Land Reuse
Planning and Standards Division
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127

Email: dep.aquiferprotection@ct.gov

Phone: (860) 424-3020

Fax: (860) 424-4055

Web: http://www.ct.gov/dep/aquiferprotection
#1140776 - 10/13/09 12:40 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Mario Offline

Loc: South Windsor, CT
Bass Ackwards probably has it right, I know the fence line is right at the edge of of the parking lot, and runs right to the waters edge in the cove. From looking at these pictures, that would mean that when the water is out he definetly was on his land, and possible, so was OHmyGod. That fence line goes right thru the center of the cove, I know because I have fished it often. Another fly in the ointment of your arguement is that Rainbow rez is a man made body of water, (hence the Reservoir name), and falls under many different rules than does a natural lake. My understanding is that the "pond" as it's called by the operators of the Rainbow Power plant, is actually owned by The Farmington River Power Company, and they donated the land for the boat ramp out of the goodness of their hearts. I think that is why they can regularly screw up our fishing there, by draining "the pond", without any apparent retribution from the DEP. That does FAR more to screw up our fishing, than some guy fixing up his beach a little. I have noticed that each time they have done this, (about 8 times in the last six years, the fishing there sucks for the next year!
#1140869 - 10/13/09 11:38 AM Re: Rainbow Refill [Re: joe sabas the fishin magician]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile
#1141383 - 10/14/09 01:53 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: OHMYGOD]
fishstu Offline

OMG - Call the Dock permitting section of the DEP - it is listed on the first page of DEP web site. There will be one or more permtting officers responsible for that district who will be very interested in this . Get the officers name plus email address, email your pictures, property address, GPS location if you can.
If the guy does not have a permit he could get a massive fine and have to pay for remidiation.

The DEP dock permitting dept will act on this right away.

Edited by fishstu (10/14/09 01:54 PM)
#1141435 - 10/14/09 03:57 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: fishstu]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
They won't make him repair it they didn't do anything but slap the guy on the wrist that pulled this in the back of Sail harbor on candlewood He actually dug a channel through the swamp and dug out a swimming hole and put in a boat dock.

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#1141634 - 10/14/09 11:29 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: fishstu]
Eric D Offline

I just don't see the big concern. It looks all dried up what ever was there couldn't be alive anymore And it couldn't have been very deep when there was water in it. It looks like a improvement to me.
#1141744 - 10/15/09 10:27 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Eric D]
Z Fisher Offline
Random Fisher

Loc: Newtown
It's only an improvement if you're thinking about its use as a swimming hole or place to dock your boat. But areas such as this (shallow boundary areas) are important to good aquatic systems -- fish spawn in them, young of year find cover and important food sources live in these areas.
#1141758 - 10/15/09 11:22 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: swwind]
bogey jr. Offline

Loc: Stamford, CT
I think this guy could have avoided a lot of this speculation if he had just taken a minute to tell OMG what he was doing. I know he is not obligated, but his response and the manner in which he gave it only leads one to think he may be doing something he is not supposed to. In short, sometimes being a jerk, just because you have the ability to be one, isn't worth it. I can appreciate his desire for privacy, but when you're behavior is open to public observation, people ask questions. Have some patience.

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him for a lifetime.......... Show a man where to fish, and he'll steal your frickin' fishin' spot." - Hank D. (former fishing buddy)
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics