ctfisherman.com logo
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1141765 - 10/15/09 11:46 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: bogey jr.]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
You are a very wise man bogey jr., very wise.

Inspector gaget has forwarded the info, Thanks again Wayne.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

Fishing Info
#1142776 - 10/18/09 11:41 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: OHMYGOD]
dtsoutdoors Offline

Roz - I applaud your willingness to question what you thought might be illegal behavior. I hope you have some success in getting answers, even though by the time someone in authority does something, (assuming this fellow IS doing something illegal), it will be too late. We need more folks like you and fewer of those who just choose to "look the other way"! Tight Lines!
#1143268 - 10/19/09 08:47 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: dtsoutdoors]
Mario Offline

Loc: South Windsor, CT
I went and visited Rainbow on Saturday morn. The water had come up quite a bit since I was last there, though they seemed to be dropping it for the pending storm on Sunday. I decided to see what all the hullabaloo was about and having been there many times before when they have dropped the water, as stated before, I am very familiar with the cove. It did not seem very different, other than his beach seemed a little bigger than I remembered it. Going by the pictures, that's where the bulldozer was, so it makes sense. It sure isn't different enough that I think it deserves all of this outrage by some of us. I still have not heard Roz state what side of the fence she was on. If she had to walk up to where the bulldozer was, she was definetly on his property, as he owns right up to the fence, and along it to the edge of the parking lot. I know this because he told one of my buddies to stop parking on his land when he used to park at the end of the fence near the boat launch access road. He has now put piles of dirt there so you can't park on his land. Yeah, the guy seems a little arrogant, but maybe he's tired of people trespassing on his land. I think it would be tough being right next to the launch ramp, with some of the yahoo's that show up there!
Not that I think he should be able to do whatever he wants with his waterfront, I do think that by Roz not answering as to where she confronted him, and by the way she says she asked WTF are you doing, AND if she walked on his land to get to him, she may have gotten an appropriate response IMHO. Is this a case of waterfront envy Roz? We all would love to have a place like his, wouldn't we? I know I would. Wonder if I really would fish everyday............;-)
#1143484 - 10/20/09 11:18 AM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Mario]
Keith G Offline

Loc: Suffield, CT
To those thinking no impactm what happens if this dozer blows and oil or hydraulic line? Perhaps a diesel spill? There is a reason for pulling permits. He is driving around on a lake bed, man made or not, that can impact the lake when refilled.

I might be incorrect but I am never wrong!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!
#1143569 - 10/20/09 04:03 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Keith G]
Eric D Offline

Originally Posted By: Keith G
To those thinking no impactm what happens if this dozer blows and oil or hydraulic line? Perhaps a diesel spill? There is a reason for pulling permits. He is driving around on a lake bed, man made or not, that can impact the lake when refilled.

A little money changing hands with the town and a piece of paper won't prevent a bulldozer from leaking oil.
#1143578 - 10/20/09 04:43 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Eric D]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: Eric D
A little money changing hands with the town and a piece of paper won't prevent a bulldozer from leaking oil.

Your right, but as an inland wetland commission member for my town for many years, most permits for activities of this type would have requirements for errosion control and might have provisions for spill containment.

It might not stop the leak - but it might very well contain it.

Still curious as to weather this was permitted or not.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1143579 - 10/20/09 04:47 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: swwind]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Sounds like it will be brushed under the table, and forgotten about.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1143580 - 10/20/09 04:49 PM Re: Is It Legal? [Re: Mario]
KillTaker Offline

Loc: Southbury, CT
Mario

She did say where she was:

"I wasn't even on his property Bill, I was standing in what is Rainbow
Res bottom, so I didn't touch his land."

You should re-read her post(s).....
#1143595 - 10/20/09 05:28 PM Re: RAINBOW RES [Re: Mario]
Mitch P. Offline

Originally Posted By: Mario
Cobra Bait, that is NOT the house that the owner of A & S Boats owns. His is light brown. I bought my Triumph from him, and I do not think he would screw up the fishing by ruining the spawning beds, he's a fisherman too. He always looks out for what's best for Rainbow Rez from what I've seen.

I spoke with Mark (owner of A&S Boats) today about something else and he did indeed confirm this. That is not his house.
#1143617 - 10/20/09 07:39 PM Re: RAINBOW RES [Re: Mitch P.]
Inspector Gadget Offline

Loc: Columbia, CT.
This act has been reported to the Windsor wetlands agent as well as the enviromental planner. The issue has been reported to the DEP and there is no permit from the town or DEP. The wetlands agent has been to the site and this is not only a resivor but also an inland water course that has been violated. DEP and the town are looking into the matter and the owners first name is Mark.

Be a sportsman always.
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics