Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1222791 - 06/16/10 06:08 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Pistol]
SoundsFishy Offline

Got Milt?

Loc: Bpt CT
Wind, Tide & Fusion Power

In Bombings, we blame the Bomber. In Drunk Driving deaths we blame the Driver. In Shootings we Blame the Gun ?? wtf
Fishing Info
#1222793 - 06/16/10 06:11 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: SoundsFishy]
SoundsFishy Offline

Got Milt?

Loc: Bpt CT
If we had the Politicians to make a committment (Like Kennedy did with the Moon race) to say...Our goal as a nation by the end of 2019, we will be totally oil & coal free......

Is the way to go....think of what trickle down jobs were created by the moon race and the technologies it brought to us.....we need to be the leaders folks.....but there aint no gumption anymore

In Bombings, we blame the Bomber. In Drunk Driving deaths we blame the Driver. In Shootings we Blame the Gun ?? wtf
#1222796 - 06/16/10 06:20 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Pistol]
jonh Offline

FUBO

Originally Posted By: Pistol
This whole oil spill deal scares the crap out of me..... what next??

does anyone really know???

The lights go out because the power plants stop running. There is NO viable alternative right now.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1222804 - 06/16/10 06:41 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jonh]
Pistol Offline

BIG Yellow Broom Stick

Loc: South Reading, VT
there was a tide project in Maine that just left.... sometimes back in the late 50's maybe early 60's " Quaddy tide project" I always wondered why it was dropped?

I miss my Uncle Lewie....However;
I know he's with me on every fishing trip.

2009 CT Saltwater Angler of the Year ~> CT DEEP
1st Place 2009 Team Tuesday Fluke Off

My wife Claire with the Red hair is: A Flukin Princess
Get Outdoors and Enjoy Life!
Lifetime member of the NRA
#1222814 - 06/16/10 07:00 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Pistol]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: Pistol
there was a tide project in Maine that just left.... sometimes back in the late 50's maybe early 60's " Quaddy tide project" I always wondered why it was dropped?

It was dropped becuase oil was $25 barrel. Oil at $100 per barrel makes tide power looks a whole lot sweeter.

There are all kinds of tide enery pilot projects testing now - and in the Netherlands there are tide plants which are totally operational.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1222818 - 06/16/10 07:02 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jonh]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: jon h.
There is NO viable alternative right now.

Nonsence ! Maybe not that we can change to next week or next year, but there are dozens of great alternatives.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1222873 - 06/16/10 09:37 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: SoundsFishy]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
Originally Posted By: SoundsFishy
Originally Posted By: OldSchool
Obama said, "we have run out of places to drill on land and shallow, thats why we are forced to drill deep."

What a lie.

He forgot to mention that the Enviro Wacko's are the one's who, to protect the environment, have forced companies to drill deep. Now, thanks to that stupid policy we have the worst environmental disaster in our history. We reap what we sow!

Part of God's judgment on a nation that turns its back on Him is to let leaders come to the top that are like children.

Isaiah 3:4
And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

On the quick, downward slide of nations, America has certainly arrived at that milestone. And we continue our decent...

I've seen first hand the suffering of chidren, The destruction of churches by tornadoes & the exploding Christ in Columbus Ohio. There is NO GOD.

And the answer is simple....If I were God....Would I allow this???......The answer is NO....that is one evil mean spirited invisble man up there pal. And dont go giving me that "free will" crap either...cheeezus

This is our heaven or our hell.....this is our chance to enjoy this incredible journey....the Bible's god was mean in the old testament and a nice guy in the "New" WTF....all those that think there is any more than what we were given here are in for a big surprise.

But if there is....how we treat others will determine our fate...not some dying devotion to a man made book to keep humankind that were 4 hairs short of being monkeys from fornicating with their families.

Soundsfishy - I won't add to this for obvious reasons other than saying BRILLIANT !

WWJD ?

#1222888 - 06/16/10 10:39 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Jeremiah G]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
Obama, PLEASSSSSSSSE.......He is just trying to push another of his treasonous agendas.... This spill will blow over like the one in 1979 that went for 10 months and things were back to normal within 3 years, sure it`s bad but he wants it to be bad...What a bunch of crap!!!!! biggrin biggrin How`s that for fuel biggrin

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1222894 - 06/16/10 10:48 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: SoundsFishy]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Originally Posted By: SoundsFishy
Originally Posted By: OldSchool
Obama said, "we have run out of places to drill on land and shallow, thats why we are forced to drill deep."

What a lie.

He forgot to mention that the Enviro Wacko's are the one's who, to protect the environment, have forced companies to drill deep. Now, thanks to that stupid policy we have the worst environmental disaster in our history. We reap what we sow!

Part of God's judgment on a nation that turns its back on Him is to let leaders come to the top that are like children.

Isaiah 3:4
And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

On the quick, downward slide of nations, America has certainly arrived at that milestone. And we continue our decent...

I've seen first hand the suffering of chidren, The destruction of churches by tornadoes & the exploding Christ in Columbus Ohio. There is NO GOD.

And the answer is simple....If I were God....Would I allow this???......The answer is NO....that is one evil mean spirited invisble man up there pal. And dont go giving me that "free will" crap either...cheeezus

This is our heaven or our hell.....this is our chance to enjoy this incredible journey....the Bible's god was mean in the old testament and a nice guy in the "New" WTF....all those that think there is any more than what we were given here are in for a big surprise.

But if there is....how we treat others will determine our fate...not some dying devotion to a man made book to keep humankind that were 4 hairs short of being monkeys from fornicating with their families.

Wow Ed, you are on a roll today.... My aunt devoted her entire life to church, her priest was recently brought up on charges of molesting alter boys, wouldn't god prevent people who would do this to children from representing him and the church???

As far as the oil spill, someones going to profit big, the worse it gets... Other countries are saying they can stop it and there help is being refused, doesn't make sense unless ........hmmmmmm

Edited by Tmack9200 (06/16/10 10:53 PM)
#1222897 - 06/16/10 10:51 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Tmack9200]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
WELL THERE YA GO.............I`d say that's leadership mad What a piece of shttttt......

Edited by Conrad G. (06/16/10 10:52 PM)

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
Page 24 of 25 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics