Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1222910 - 06/16/10 11:20 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: swwind]
jonh Offline

FUBO

Originally Posted By: swwind
Originally Posted By: jon h.
There is NO viable alternative right now.

Nonsence ! Maybe not that we can change to next week or next year, but there are dozens of great alternatives.

Ok, I'll bite. Name the dozen alternatives that could replace oil now, or even within the next decade.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
Fishing Info
#1222924 - 06/16/10 11:48 PM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jonh]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Originally Posted By: swwind
There is NO viable alternative right now.

Nonsence ! Maybe not that we can change to next week or next year, but there are dozens of great alternatives.

Ok, I'll bite. Name the dozen alternatives that could replace oil now, or even within the next decade.

My house in VT is powered by cow sh#t... Not kidding!!!
#1222935 - 06/17/10 12:12 AM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Tmack9200]
jonh Offline

FUBO

you gotta be shittin me

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1222946 - 06/17/10 12:37 AM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: jonh]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Bull Sh#t is more like it biggrin.

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#1222964 - 06/17/10 01:39 AM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Paul D.]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
I am not an expert on the subject of alternative energy, but a friend of mine has been in the industry for a few years now and business is a boomin.

He took a pay cut and a risk by going to work for a solar energy company three years ago with the expectations of growth and being involved in something meaningful.

He was right. He started at the bottom climbing ladders and such installing the solar systems on residential and commercial locations. Now, as of seven months ago he has relocated and is now an the operations manager in a new location he started from scratch in the Philadelpia area. The location is extremely successful thus far, he is very happy and less people rely on oil for their source of energy.

My point is that this is an example of growth and success, not only as far as employment, but also a positive step in the right direction for alternative energy sources. It is already in the process of happening.

WWJD ?

#1222974 - 06/17/10 01:52 AM Re: re: Oil rig explosion [Re: Jeremiah G]
Mitch P. Offline

This discussion definitely took off on a few tangents.

Although this is major issue that involves a lot of issues intertwined, leave the politics and religion out of it.

Rather than nuke specific comments, here is a link to Part II, where we can start fresh and hopefully things can stay on track:

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ub..._II#Post1222972
Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics