ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1253995 - 09/27/10 10:27 AM RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond)
Mitch P. Offline

Jason was a Brookfield native serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL when he was killed July 6, 2007 in Iraq. From a young age Jason liked nothing better than to take his fishing pole and can of worms and fish all day, whether it was Candlewood Lake or at Hammanassett State Park fishing was a passion and even as an adult he enjoyed being able to take his young kids fishing with him.

The 3rd Annual Jason D. Lewis Youth Fishing Derby was held yesterday at Squantz Pond. Benefits went to Project Healing Waters.

The event was organized by CTF member Bruiser360 (Kenny) and his crew of workers. They put together a great day for the kids!

I can't think of a better way to spend a nice fall afternoon than honoring a man who served his country and getting kids interested in fishing.

What a great turn out yesterday! More photos and results to come ...

Fishing Info
#1254003 - 09/27/10 10:40 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Ken weighing in a fish. They had a great crew weighing in fish right as they were caught so they could be released on the spot.

Ken honoring Jason and kicking off the awards presentation.

Every kid went home with a trophy.

The 0 - 2-year-olds come up to get their prizes.
#1254004 - 09/27/10 10:40 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Every kid left with a prize, and the age group winners left with some extras.

Sorry if I don't have names and all the winners, but rest assured, every kid left happy!

Edited by Mitch P. (09/27/10 04:21 PM)
#1254005 - 09/27/10 10:40 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

I had a great time fishing with my longtime buddy Phil and his three kids.

Phil helping his son Ben reel one in.

Chloe and dad.

My youngest daughter Samantha has no problem posing while reeling one in.

She enjoyed catching a few sunnies.

Big sister Pamela.

Phil's daughter Ava was the lucky winner of a raffle prize given out during the fishing - a nifty all-in-one tool.

Nice to talk with CTF member Buck, who stopped by to check out the event.

Watch out Bassmaster Classic. Our all-girls team is getting ready for the big leagues!

Edited by Mitch P. (09/27/10 04:29 PM)
#1254038 - 09/27/10 11:44 AM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Mitch P.]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Quote:
The event was organized by CTF member Bruiser360 (Kenny) and his crew of workers.
applause

applause What a great event, and great turn out.
Congrats to all who helped, you all did a great job. cha

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1254087 - 09/27/10 01:37 PM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: OHMYGOD]
Bruiser360 Offline

Loc: New Milford
Thanks Mitch.

We had an awesome turnout this year. There was around 60 kids there and the weather was magnificent.

We raised around $700 for Project Healing Waters.

The younger kids had a great showing yesterday. The 5-9 year olds comprised about 70% of the field and caught the majority of the blue-gills, sunnies, and rockbass that were caught. There were no bass or trout brought in yesterday. There was a walleye skull found in one of the rock piles that was absolutely enormous and gave the older kids some hope and in all honesty me too. I'll be heading back over at some point soon.

I am working on getting a few pictures posted. There was tons taken but getting them into a format that will post appears to be a little more difficult this year.
#1254089 - 09/27/10 01:54 PM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Mitch P.]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Very cool, guys ! applause

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1254098 - 09/27/10 02:23 PM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: PDona]
joe sabas the fishin magician Offline

Loc: Jupiter,Florida
60 Kids and no magic show , oh I know it was too close for me to drive.LOL... My appologies for not being on top of this one if your interested next year give me a call I only do a few benifit shows a year ,this one looks like a great event.

JOE SABAS
THE FISHIN MAGICIAN
Jupiter,Florida.
#1254107 - 09/27/10 02:53 PM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: joe sabas the fishin magician]
Bruiser360 Offline

Loc: New Milford
Joe, we would love to have you make an appearance next year. My kids loved the show you did at Gardner a few years back. I'll get the information out to you next year.
#1254133 - 09/27/10 04:32 PM Re: RESULTS & PHOTOS: 3rd Annual Jason D Lewis Youth Fishing Derby (Squantz Pond) [Re: Bruiser360]
Mitch P. Offline

I just added a few more pics above.

Homepage:

http://www.ctfisherman.com/

At the end of the day, Kenny asked for a show of hands for kids who just fished for the first time ever that day. There were a few kids who said it was their first time fishing.

Again, Kenny, great job with everything. applause

Edited by Mitch P. (09/27/10 04:45 PM)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Active Topics