ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1538300 - 10/28/13 09:29 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: OHMYGOD]
TimP Offline

Loc: east windsor
Ya that guy in that 40' er flew by the marina I was fishing at, pissing every one off .

Its not called catching its called fishing!
Fishing Info
#1538302 - 10/28/13 09:53 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
Wilderness_dave Offline

Congrats Bob!
#1538303 - 10/28/13 09:55 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
JerryinCt Offline

Loc: Norwich CT
Wish I could have made it. Had this thing called a campaign going on. Congrats to the winner and all those who braved the elements to get out there. Paul thanks for doing this. Hopefully I can attend next year.

If I fish more I need more lures. If I had more lures I would fish more. I don't think I'm addicted do you?
#1538304 - 10/28/13 09:57 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

As usual, there was more than enough great food & drink to go around after a day on the water. beerchug

Jack sampling some of Kapt's chili.

Dad Dona and longtime CTF member "fishy1", Don.

Misqi manning the grill.

Madfisherman whipping up his mad creation.

The Dona's infamous pea soup. Awesome after a day on the water!

Kapt's latest creation, his Jeep with potent audio!

A "trash talk" pic texted to Piketoberfest founder, Zach S., who now lives out of state.

Scott after a long day on the ride home ... waiting for the tooth fairy to come. biggrin

It was a blast to fish with Huskybass (on his birthday!) and Scott J. Although we didn't land a single fish, there were certainly lots of laughs and ball busting all day.

Until next year beerchug
#1538305 - 10/28/13 09:59 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: TimP]
TimP Offline

Loc: east windsor
Nice day out there, started at weathers field cove 6 am with no luck. the bait fish were every where there. Then got bait and went to Haddam no luck till 1130 - 12 then Jeff s pole almost gets pulled in the water, after a nice fight I net this 9 pounder. 10 min. later a 6.7 pounder. no pike but no skunk.

Its not called catching its called fishing!
#1538313 - 10/28/13 10:39 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
fishy1 Offline

What fun. Didn't even get a bite but had a great day anyway. Paul Dona should get an award every year for all the time he puts in to make the Pikefest a huge success. Thank you Paul. Good to see folks I haven't seen in ages. Hope to be around a lot more often.
#1538321 - 10/28/13 11:29 AM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Paul D, that is my original prop that I've fixed numerous times ! biggrin pirate That darn rock pike in the creek to Chapmans ! banghead
Anyway, this year I had a very good photographer/net boy. Team LaBatts ! Great time, like we always do on Game Day ! Don't listen to him telling you I backboated him the whole day ! rawk
The stars were aligned over my head this year for once !
We started eeearly in the am at the launch, Jack brought his remote controlled spot light at the bow of my boat (freakin sweat ! ) we got to our destination and still had to wait for the sun to come up.

After casting and soaking pondies for less than 30 minutes I boat this one

30.5" and on the board ! Long time coming for me !
Jack did a superb net job , THANK YOU ! biggrin
Not much action in this area, we moved and found these 2 Kayakers
Jeff Tree_Bass and Largefry. These were taken roughly 100 yards away, excuse the quality.

We moved to spot 2, nada void of any Esox, only 2 bozos fishing for crappie
Spot 3, Jack was twitching because he didn't even get to troll yet, so into Chapmans we go !

Jack smiling ear to ear

Well, this year, we didn't even get a bump trolling, so we hit some spots casting. I had a NICE follow (knee buckler)on a big spinner bait, another follow on my PIG, and finally hook up with this 3rd placer, 31.5"

Chapmans was VERY low, we saw Paul D and Den go in with ease

Here is Team Stuck and turn around

We saw Tim P and Jeff get to the low part, and he wanted nothing to do with it, so turned around.
A bass boat had made it in there, fished for a while, then next thing you know, he GUNNNED it full plane over the sandbar to get out ! Impressive sight! Wish I had the camera for that one !!
What a great after festivities we had ! Food was awesome,good to see some old friends, and we all left before dark !

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1538329 - 10/28/13 12:07 PM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
The Real Iceman Offline

Team SLAPSHOT bring it home again!!! Man.... What a Ridiculously beautiful day. Glenn Thanks for the Ride as always, Davey Davey It's always a blast fishing with you. Channel Matt...Wish you were here!!!

Great to see everyone, food was Excellent as always (No Goose Poppers Though stirthepot kiss ) Thanks Paul and Mitch for keeping this going. BTW We need everyone to comeback and participate in this event. You all know who you are.

Anyway.... fishing was really slow until the last hour or so, We decided to chill and tie off to some docks and just fish bait. As always these guys bring some really nice goldies and suckers, up to 8". Fishing in the shadows of the boat you could really see pretty far down into the weeds. First slim dart came on a 3" shiner, second one on the same size. Then Dave hands me this 6 or 7" sucker. Pitch it out and with a slow retrieve into the shadows again. I can see the bait just sitting there about 10 Feet from me and this beast just smokes the bait. She goes about 4 ft and stops. Afraid I lost her I wait, call for the net....set the hook and it was game on. A few good runs and Dave slides the net in place and now we're measuring my first ever CTR Pike.... Not bad for a rookie!!

Here are some Pics from the Day

Toasting our lost Buddy Channel Matt as always!!

Slim Darts

My Monster

Misc pics of the day

Till next year beerchug

#1538335 - 10/28/13 12:32 PM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
Congrats Bobby!

Looks like a great time as usual. Wish I could've made it, love this event.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#1538337 - 10/28/13 12:40 PM Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH [Re: PDona]
Jack Offline

Did you guys fish from shore or a boat..LOL.

Nice toast to our beloved friend. I wish I was there for that one.

Nice job on the win.

Addicted to Kings!!! See you up in Lake O.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Active Topics