ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1617650 - 01/26/15 08:52 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
headbanger1 Great job!

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

Fishing Info
#1617656 - 01/26/15 09:26 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
LargeFry Offline

The V.P.

Loc: Chester
Wow, what a great day! The kids were wiped out when they got home. We had a good time, I got to introduce some friends to the CTF way as well. What can I say, they had a blast. Alex was happy to help out. To quote Josh when I finally got him I the car... "That was awesome!"

A little moment I had was with Josh. A flag would pop and we would go to chech it. He was completely silent and still as I'd give the trap a few spins to slack the line before I picked it up, I'd bring some line in to feel for the fish. And the second I would go to set the hook, he would snatch the line right from my hands and get the fish on the ice. It just started to click for him, I can still remember that moment with Alex fishing the CTF Kids day at Garner Lake about eight years ago. Looks like we're building a tradition here.

I'm still a little wiped out and recouporating so I'll let the pics do the talking

Josh and his monster 2.74 lb pickerel

Edited by LargeFry (01/26/15 09:44 PM)
#1617659 - 01/26/15 09:34 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

Great to hear A.J.!

Please thank Alex for helping out.

Nice to see you yesterday.
#1617679 - 01/27/15 07:35 AM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
EdKras Offline

Loc: Portland CT
My oldest, Alex was wearing my old hunting suit(a couple sizes too big, but at least it was warm) Michael, ran the Coleman stove, While Ethan spent most of his time being Ethan.

#1617694 - 01/27/15 08:33 AM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: buckcall]
jimfish Offline

Geezer

applause applause applause

My name is Jim. You can call me slim. I row my boat way out to the middle.Cause the fish I'm after ain't so little. Pike, Trout, Largemouth Bass. Get me out there really fast. I know I'm good,really the best. The rest of you are such a pest. - By Henry Gibson
Jim Boyne

#1617981 - 01/28/15 03:53 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
UPDATED

Kapt was there near 7 am plowing a skating rink at least 200 yards long, and paths out to Ground 0 where we had the tables set up. HUGE THANKS !

23 kids trudged through snow,slush, and water to fish the event. Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all enjoyed the day, as well.
Approximately 15 fish were brought to the scale, and many more caught and released.

Mckenna took first in "sunfish" category with a .12 lber
Josh Maxwell took first in the "other" category with a 1.08 lb catfish
Josh Maxwell also took first in the "Pickerel" category with a 2.74 lber.
Carter Davis took first in the "Bass" category with a .94 lber.

some notes:
*At least 4 pond shiners were caught (pike bait size ! )
*With the weight of the snow, parts of our fishing areas became ponds.
*Don't drill holes where you want to stay dry smile1

*If you didn't sign up on Mitch's sheet with your address, make sure you pm him. We will be sending out some stuff.

Big thanks to 289Fs, and wife for hot chocolate and Deep Calling for snacks for kids. Both for drilling holes and letting people use their augers SmallFry(Alex ) for signing kids up, and weighing in fish Buckcall, and Jeff_Tree for helping out all around, and Mitch P for obtaining the permit, and keeping this site active, so we can do these kinds of events.
Hopefully we can continue this tradition in the future.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1618547 - 02/01/15 10:51 AM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Tony Mel Offline

Loc: West Hartford/Delray Beach
Outstanding event. Thanks for the pics.

Our lakes, rivers and streams are borrowed from our children.

An excess of opinion resides at the juncture of not knowing what you don�t know.
T. Melito

Life is like toilet paper: ur either on a roll or taking crap from some AH
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Active Topics