ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1621165 - 02/19/15 11:04 PM CTF in Empire.
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
CTFisherman members Chris Med, Farmer Jay, and past member Booty Are here in Empire, La. for a few days. They started the day with a breakfast cooked by my wife Jo-Ann then we went for a short tour of the area and picked up fishing licenses. It was well after 11 before we even wet a line.

Chris started it off with a short redfish.

Jay was next and the bite was on.

Unfortunately after about 20 fish we had nothing in the box. Booty started us off with the first for the box.

A bit later Jay lands a keeper.

Although Chris caught more than anybody he only found 1 keeper today. That one we had to measure and it was just over the legal size. Booty had the keeper record with a flounder, 4 redfish, and this beauty that hit poles length from the boat. There was only 8 feet between the boat and the bank but this hog swam through and inhaled the bait.

After we got the fish cleaned we had 6 pounds of crawfish and 2 fried oyster platters and a grilled shrimp salad at Dad's and then went to Iguana's for a night cap.

Now that they are spoiled I do not know what to do for the rest of the time they are here.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#1621166 - 02/19/15 11:16 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Murph Offline

Loc: CT. Got a problem with that?
sweet!

If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.

#1621168 - 02/20/15 12:29 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
What a day! Breakfast was a feast fit for a king! Joann is amazing. I was really nervous about coming down here and staying with Capt Hoop and Joann. Being in their home was an unknown, and I wasn't sure if I was going to feel like we were putting them out or not. After being here only one night, I feel like family!

Today was a great day! Not only did we catch well over 60 Redfish, but we did it all in pretty much 1/2 a day! Below are a few pictures I took today.

Stopped to get our licenses. One stop shopping. Soda, food, fishing licenses, warm hats, and liquor, all in the same store!

A picture showing that it wasn't a cake walk to be on the water today! It was pretty darn cold!

A couple pics of taking Capt Hoop's inshore boat through the locks that bring us from bay level up to Mississippi River/ Bayou level

Rippin through the Bayou at 40 mph, in as little as 18 inches of water!

Booty with his nice Red!

Dinner was crawfish, fried oysters, and a stop at the drive through daiquiri place! We chose to go in and check the place out, but after a minor mishap Booty had, we also tried out the drive through window! Med has those pics, so I let him share em!

Can't say enough about how nice people are down here! Not only Capt Hoop, Joann, and Macy, but all the local people too!

Off to bed. Tomoorw's a full day of inshore fishing!

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1621174 - 02/20/15 05:12 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Waterclam Offline

Loc: Black Hall River
Craw some!!! You Po Boys, man do I have a hankerin for Cajun food!!
#1621180 - 02/20/15 08:23 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Bone-Head Offline

Loc: southington
i hope you guys get some nice weather so you can get offshore for a crack at the yellows and other species available. there is nothing like a fight that puts a hurting on you.
#1621182 - 02/20/15 08:36 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
Nice report, sounds like a great time. Neat little store too.
#1621189 - 02/20/15 08:58 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: tommy]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Cool! May the wind gods be favorable to you guys can do a tuna trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1621191 - 02/20/15 09:01 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: tommy]
LegalFish Offline

Loc: Bristol
Looking spiffy there Jay! Haircut and beard trim before heading to Louisiana. You hoping to catch some female tuna? lol.. Hope you guys get some better weather.

Alfonzo
#1621195 - 02/20/15 09:16 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: Crazy Ivan]
swwind Offline

Looks great ! - saw a big pile of crawfish on FB too.

Life is Good !

Originally Posted By: Crazy Ivan
Cool! May the wind gods be favorable to you guys can do a tuna trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Said Craig - I'll speak to them. pray

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1621201 - 02/20/15 09:57 AM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
jdiorio21 Offline

Loc: newington,ct
Hell ya guys!

BAAAAAAAM!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Active Topics