ctfisherman.com logo
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1629952 - 04/22/15 10:40 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
Joe Grenus Offline

Loc: Cheshire
Wait till that fish swims through the causeway into Squantz. It'll be 40lbs in a month.
Fishing Info
#1629982 - 04/23/15 08:42 AM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
SWMPYNKE Offline

Comorant season is long overdue.
#1629987 - 04/23/15 09:18 AM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
Tieg Offline

Loc: SE CT
Homepage?

Sorry couldn't resist

"I think of this war as it really is, not as the people at home imagine, with a hoorah! and a roar. It is very serious, very grim…"
Manfred von Richthofen (aka The Red Baron)
#1629989 - 04/23/15 09:27 AM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
Buck Offline

Joe, from what I have heard there are some channel catfish in Squantz that must have been bucket stocked. That's a species that would grow to huge sizes in a lake full of herring, and there are more herring in Squantz per surface acre than in Candlewood. Plus with all of the underwater rock formations and crevices there is perfect spawning conditions for channels.

Serious question, I have seen the still picture which seems to be Candlewood after comments from site members who fish it much more than I do but on the video, in the beginning of it, there is a pan of the background and I can't identify anything on the shore there especially what appears to be a huge building in the upper right corner of the frame. For those who know the lake really well, what are those buildings?
#1630031 - 04/23/15 02:52 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: Buck]
Bart O Offline

Loc: Danbury
Originally Posted By: Buck
Joe, from what I have heard there are some channel catfish in Squantz that must have been bucket stocked. That's a species that would grow to huge sizes in a lake full of herring, and there are more herring in Squantz per surface acre than in Candlewood. Plus with all of the underwater rock formations and crevices there is perfect spawning conditions for channels.

Serious question, I have seen the still picture which seems to be Candlewood after comments from site members who fish it much more than I do but on the video, in the beginning of it, there is a pan of the background and I can't identify anything on the shore there especially what appears to be a huge building in the upper right corner of the frame. For those who know the lake really well, what are those buildings?

I drove by there is am and it definitely is Candlewood. You can see the blue shed looking west as you cross the causeway

Edited by Bart O (04/23/15 02:52 PM)

www.ogdenelectric.com Ogden Electrical Service Inc. Commercial/Industrial Electrical Construction.
#1630033 - 04/23/15 03:03 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
KillTaker Offline

Loc: Southbury, CT
Somebody should burn down that blue shed!..... It will reflect too much light onto the lake and kill all the trout and smallmouth and hypoxiate the alewives....
#1630046 - 04/23/15 04:08 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: onthewater102]
stripertime Offline

Loc: shelton

As far as Muskie's in Lilli - I think it's just a matter of time before the Tiger muskies up in MA find their way down the same way the pike did. [/quote]

The Tigers do not get stocked in mass anymore and they can't reproduce seeing that they are hybrid and sterile. And there is some tigers making it to lilly from Woodridge I know of 3 that have been caught in there and a few wallys also

go big or go home !!!!
#1630050 - 04/23/15 04:33 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
stripertime Offline

Loc: shelton
also Tom at Tom's b&t in shelton showed me a pic of a 26in schoolie in a little shelton pond that someone must have dropped in there on his or her way home from the river. I fish this pond for goldens in the fall and catch rate has gone from 10-15 fish a trip to one or 2 and I think this striper is the reason the goldies are not as plentiful as they were and it's probably not the only striper that was released there by the same person

go big or go home !!!!
#1630053 - 04/23/15 04:57 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
Buck Offline

I agree with the still picture and the blue shed but what I can't place is the video scan and the structures in the background, especially what appears to be a big building. Of course, the video is not very clear so it might be something very obvious but we just can't see it.
#1630058 - 04/23/15 05:02 PM Re: Big Striper CANDLEWOOD [Re: JoeyHBCT]
buckcall Offline

We live in ct. We don't need land locked striper in our lakes. Think about it. Tons of them in all 4 of our rivers all of spring,fall,and winter for many guys to have 50+ fish days. Then let's not forget about the sound. That's not enough water to fish???? Putting stripers in a lake like candlewood will have some kind of effect on it down the road and changes my cause damage to the fishery is now.

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics