ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1791972 - 07/24/20 04:22 PM I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy
cat_in_the_hat Offline

Loc: Tolland CT
As I approached the Hamilton Reservoir boat launch to land the boat, a guy in a truck pulls up and blocks the launch. I was approaching the launch first, but the guy did not acknowledge me, so I just held position, assuming he was intending to launch despite my getting there first. He was working away, putting in drain plug and taking engine braces off, putting things in the boat, and as time passed it became clear that he was not ready to launch but was blocking the ramp doing his prep. I asked him to pull around and finish his prep elsewhere, he said he had broken his arm and it was quite a while since he took the boat out, meaning he was just going to keep doing what he was doing.

Finally he is done prepping and launches his boat. Does he then park the boat and pull his trailer out? No, he moves to the fishing pier, ties the boat up and engages in a conversation with the guy on the pier, leaving his truck and trailer blocking the boat launch. At this juncture I took out my phone and snapped a couple of pictures.

That is a Connecticut license combo plate 5879-CV.

Hard to see, but a black truck with white boat behind the fishing pier rails is waiting to launch. About this time a bass boat pulls up behind me and says what the h***?, I explain. I again tell the guy talking to the guy on the fishing pier to move his trailer, he called us (me and the bass boat guys) crybabies. I told him he is going to be famous, he said he was famous, he was a fisherman.

Finally he gets back to his truck pulls his trailer out and I am able to land and I see there are two trailers waiting to launch boats. Four boats forced to wait on this guy.

This guy deserves recognition for the extraordinary level, rarely seen these days, of his courtesy and thoughtfulness for other boaters.
Fishing Info
#1792014 - 07/25/20 07:37 AM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
#jackass

New House 5/18
#1792016 - 07/25/20 08:08 AM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
I hate most people!!!

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1792019 - 07/25/20 09:35 AM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
Conquest Offline

You just can't fix stupid.
#1792025 - 07/25/20 10:16 AM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Is that a 2 lane ramp?...looks like it could be.

Well hopefully he was so off his game he forgot to put the plug in.
#1792059 - 07/25/20 09:19 PM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
MikeV Offline

Loc: Tolland
It looks like a two lane launch to me. Also the guy in the boat does not look particularly large or particularly tough. Paul you are a lot older than I am so I am not suggesting that you should have handled it any differently. But is any one else thinking that they might have said, "Move that Fing boat immediately or I the next thing being waited for is an ambulance". It is one thing to be inconsiderate. It is another to purposefully agitate (calling you a cry baby) some one else.

I don't know if I could have resisted the urge to punch that guy's lights out. I will be sixty one in a few weeks. I have not been in a fistfight in roughly 20 years. There is a reasonable chance I could get the snot kicked out of me. However if someone deliberately pushed my buttons and appears to be a reasonable match up (like this shithead); I think I would have a go. I am not suggesting that fist should fly for the slightest reason but if more people (who are physically able) would stand up for what it is right, there would be a lot less assholes like this guy. Do not start or look for trouble; but there is nothing wrong with dealing with it when it finds you.

Still feisty after all these years...

MikeV
#1792060 - 07/25/20 09:25 PM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
laugh laugh
#1792688 - 08/03/20 08:37 AM Re: I Wish To Nominate Boat & Driver Today For Acknowledgement Of Courtesy That Is Just Noteworthy [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
arlow Offline

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
It is only a one lane ramp.

What a jackass......

Slam it home and cross their eyes

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics