ctfisherman.com logo
Page 12 of 25 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#658554 - 12/01/05 10:54 AM Re: Mountain Lion?
Greg S. Offline

Bigfoot maybe...

God is great...Beer is good...Women are CRAZY!!
Fishing Info
#658555 - 12/03/05 02:14 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
TAKE.UM Offline

There is some talk about the DEP now moving in a more pro active manner in the reporting of Mountain Lions in the state.The proposal although radical will help in the further understanding of both the creature, and how the interactions are increasing with humans, if so, or perhaps DEP will embark on a joint program with DEA to ascertain how many of you are simply hallucinating! Further, under the all encompassing "homeland security task force" as deemed essential by our Prez, if repeated reports are evident from the same perpetrators, severe steps will be recommended and taken against these individuals with sanctions up to and including lose of hunting privileges OR GUN OWNERSHIP.
The group heading this ,have further deemed that all people who report such interactions will be subject to blood acohol test and illegal substance test which may also result in your right to vote at further PTA meetings or wet tee shirt contests being removed.
#658556 - 12/03/05 09:39 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

take. um...sounds like a load of crap to me.seems like someone has to much time on there hands and try to think of ways to punish people who pay for there hunting licenses.even if there are one or two of these sightings a year.who says it cant be possible? maybe the non beleivers are hallucinating?the cats are illusive by nature.so one or two sighting wouldnt really surprize me.considering that there half way accross the country in north dakota, where they are very abundant and have hunting seasons for them.it wouldnt all to surprize me when one has proof of these critters.the fact of the matter is this.where building where they are living so you have expect nature to cross paths with us a few times.
#658557 - 12/03/05 10:44 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
BDF61 Offline

The stock in Encon's windshield wiper company just took a dip .

Wait, there's a mountain lion in my front yard drinking coffee from a Piketoberfest mug \:D

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!
#658558 - 12/04/05 01:06 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Bo_Neato Offline
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BDF61:

Wait, there's a mountain lion in my front yard drinking coffee from a Piketoberfest mug \:D

"Don't make me order an attack from one of my highly trained, chip implanted large cats! You have been warned!"

#658559 - 12/04/05 03:34 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too have just read this thread >>head spinning<<

I have to agree on the proof component as far as the DEP is concerned in ever making a definitive statement.

Like many folks who went offroad in Nepaug State Forest, back in the early/mid 80's, me and my friend definitely saw a Mountain Lion on 2 occasions. No pictures though. We were redneckin' in the 4x4, pre digitial camera days.

I can see how the Caracal could be mistaken, however, if you have ever seen a real Moutain Lion, there is no comparison in body build or size (especially overall length nose-2-tip.of.tail on a mature adult). Additionally, the face of a Mountain Lion is wider, and there is typically a darkened to blackish tip to their much longer (proportionally) tail (as it is used as a major counter balance in both jumping and pursuing prey). The Caracal goes to 40#, where the Mountain Lion can go 200#+.

Granted, unless you are familiar with the species, you could be fooled, and I imagine the gross bulk of reports come from folks who are not outdoorsmen (women).

I have seen these creatures in multiple states (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, etc..) when I used to hunt and travel hike/camp. They are beautiful and unmistakeable if you have ever seen them.

From a CT DEP perspective, even if they were to be confirmed in the state, I would keep it on the down low....don't want panic hunting to occur due to ignorance.

It has been good to see the Bobcat population rise, along with the Black Bears (granted, I could live without them in my garbage can). AS we continue to encroach on the undeveloped lands in CT, we will continue to see more "sightings" of various critters, maybe even eventually a documented Mountain Lion.
#658560 - 12/04/05 03:36 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Farmy Joe Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by icefinattic:
take. um...sounds like a load of crap to me.seems like someone has to much time on there hands and try to think of ways to punish people who pay for there hunting licenses.even if there are one or two of these sightings a year.who says it cant be possible? maybe the non beleivers are hallucinating?the cats are illusive by nature.so one or two sighting wouldnt really surprize me.considering that there half way accross the country in north dakota, where they are very abundant and have hunting seasons for them.it wouldnt all to surprize me when one has proof of these critters.the fact of the matter is this.where building where they are living so you have expect nature to cross paths with us a few times.
Well I thought your reply was funny TAKE.UM. \:D
#658561 - 12/06/05 05:44 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Bruce Offline

i was out in the tunis state forest black powering and i had one run right by me chasing the deer i left the woods and went back in the afternoon and there was a deer 1/2 eaten and covered up with the cats prints all around it and its feases all around it so i know thay are out there and no one is going to change my mind about them being here
#658562 - 12/06/05 06:03 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Kapt Offline

Easy guy's! I dont think Encon ever stated that there absolutely was no mountain lions in CT but with soooo many false reports and mis-identifications you can understand why they would be skeptical. I believe their official stance is that until they have concrete proof, they can't state that they exist. If and when they have concrete proof, I would not expect them to announce it or promote it for obvious reasons.

Is there one of two out there, maybe, after all, who would have thought Moose would be running around CT!

Just trying to keep the topic light...now back to those aliens \:o now theres the REAL coverup!

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#658563 - 12/06/05 06:24 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Bob G Offline

Loc: i fell off the rails
 Quote:
Originally posted by BDF61:

\

Not true, we got cheap help from Elvis and the aliens. Stock is good. \:D

Nothing is finer than being in South Carolina
Page 12 of 25 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics