ctfisherman.com logo
Page 32 of 53 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#69418 - 12/01/04 01:07 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Looks to me like he's wearing it on his jacket \:D
Fishing Info
#69419 - 12/01/04 09:51 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Tackleman Offline

Loc: Suffield/Niantic, CT
Looks to me like he's wearing it "under" his jacket...

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!

#69420 - 12/01/04 10:29 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Yep!!!
He is wearing it on his jacket!!!
LOLOLOL
\:D
I've been following this thread and
really enjoy the Testosterone that's
been tossed around about the
RECORD BASS OF THE YEAR!!!!!

(from KC)
(Mitch: I'm not even in on this...., so WHY do I get MY BALLS BUSTED?!)

Hey KC I dont look at it as they are
busting your Balls.........
They are just poking fun at ya!!!!

(Quote from KC..You guys are all big and scarey.....)
Didn't you mean BIG AND HAIRY!!!!

:p \:D :p

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#69421 - 03/14/05 04:44 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
BowfinBoy95 Offline

ya might think i dunno what im talkin about but i think long meadow harbors some gigantic fish..i saw 3 fish over 5 lbs come outta there last year. lots of weeds and the bass are pretty smart..they just dont wanna bite sometimes..plus ice fishing pressure, may damage their numbers. biggest ive seen so far is 6 lbs even..but i was talkin to some old timers who said that it wasnt uncommon to catch 8 lb fish..who's to say they cant get bigger. but it is more likely a bigger lake with a comparable amount of weeds could harbor a bigger fish..and from what ive heard about gardner i dont doubt it could be the next producer of the state record breaker.

"To every fish that got away; may we fight another day."
#69422 - 03/14/05 05:08 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

I've fished Gardner at least 75 times. I caught a 7 pound bass there in 1998. I know of many bass in the 6 and 7 pound range caught there, but none were 8 pounds or bigger. I seriously doubt that Gardner will ever produce a state record largemouth, its more of a "numbers" smallmouth lake with a large population of smallmouth in the 3/4 pound to 3 1/4 pound range.

I think there is a much better chance at Long Meadow for a 9 or 10 pound bass, but even they will be very rare.

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#69423 - 07/06/05 12:54 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Greg Bilotta Offline

Loc: Fairfield
Are there any small lakes/ponds in Northwest CT that allow only electric motors?

------------------
Greg Bilotta
#69424 - 07/10/05 01:33 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
BDF61 Offline

Greg,
I think SUCKER is stamped across my forhead but in the event you really want this info and are not trying to keep this thread alive. The "Paddler's Guide to Boating in Ct" lists Howells Pond in Hartland, Leonard Pond in Kent, Mohawk Pond in Cornwall(all motors prohibited), Mt Tom Pond in Litchfield, and Stillwater Pond in Torrington. I've only been to Howell w/o a rod. It's trout stocked puddle. To all those fine members who have prayed, begged and demanded that this thread end I can only say I'm sorry. I hope new members are entitled to 1 mistake.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!
#69425 - 07/10/05 11:39 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
BigBill Offline

Loc: CT
With all do respect for everyone here, i mean nothing against your fishing skills or ego but I don't think these big bass are rare at all here in CT. their just smarter than the smaller ones your catching, again they didn't get big because they are stupid their just hard to catch. If 3 out of 4 places i fish on a regular basis (LM being one of them) I have caught one(10lber) and lost a few more there and in 2 other places I have seen big bass swim by me tells me that at least 75% of our waters hold big bass in them. At one spot there are many big bass I can see them in the crystal clear shallow water there's plenty more than just one. The 12lber in Lakeville(wono) plus there were some good sized bass caught by some Ct. guys here too in the spring supports my findings too. Just because were not catching them all the time just doesn't mean they aren't there. The facts are facts its no theory. I call these bass ghost bass because they just appear sometimes then their gone they spook really easy. But again many of these fish that are caught that go unreported too. The average good size bass for Ct. is 3.5lbs but the numbers 4's, 5's, 6's and 7lbers posted here aren't no chopped liver either. But its the bigger gals that are keeping the bass population up in the big numbers too without them we would need the bass hatchery's running again so they do need to go back when caught too. BigBill
#69426 - 07/10/05 10:45 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Greg Bilotta Offline

Loc: Fairfield
BDF61,

When I come to this site to post, I go to my profile and search through my recent postings. I haven't posted that much this winter or spring, so this thread wasn't too far down my list of recent posts. I didn't realize it was a bone of contention for everyone.

I appreciate your info very much, most importantly the details about Howell...that's the type of info I need. Any details about Leonard Pond, Mt. Tom Pond, or Stillwater Pond?

Am I a new member? I signed up the week Mitch launched the site. ;\)

------------------
Greg Bilotta
#69427 - 07/11/05 12:07 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
Greg: go fish Stillwater Pond in Torrington, you will fall in love with the place. Electric motors only ,it is fair sized,lots of structure,varied depths to about 30' and every year someone gets a bass or two over 7 pounds out there.It is also stocked with trout.

No houses directly on the waters edge.
Page 32 of 53 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jess Caraballo 

Active Topics