With all do respect for everyone here, i mean nothing against your fishing skills or ego but I don't think these big bass are rare at all here in CT. their just smarter than the smaller ones your catching, again they didn't get big because they are stupid their just hard to catch. If 3 out of 4 places i fish on a regular basis (LM being one of them) I have caught one(10lber) and lost a few more there and in 2 other places I have seen big bass swim by me tells me that at least 75% of our waters hold big bass in them. At one spot there are many big bass I can see them in the crystal clear shallow water there's plenty more than just one. The 12lber in Lakeville(wono) plus there were some good sized bass caught by some Ct. guys here too in the spring supports my findings too. Just because were not catching them all the time just doesn't mean they aren't there. The facts are facts its no theory. I call these bass ghost bass because they just appear sometimes then their gone they spook really easy. But again many of these fish that are caught that go unreported too. The average good size bass for Ct. is 3.5lbs but the numbers 4's, 5's, 6's and 7lbers posted here aren't no chopped liver either. But its the bigger gals that are keeping the bass population up in the big numbers too without them we would need the bass hatchery's running again so they do need to go back when caught too. BigBill