Great article Rich.

I think everything you say would also support why we are not seeing those 9+ lbers as often either. I definately think that a largemouth bass's life span in CT waters is about 12 years max. I think I remember reading somewhere that to reach 12 inches in CT, takes 2 years for a largemouth bass. During those 12 years, if it makes it taht long, you have said, it probably got caught many times over the years.

I remember Mongo posted a picture of a 2 inch largemouth he caught on a much longer worm

That bass is the kind Rich is talkin about, "Aggressive Feeder", and here it is, already being caught in it's first few months of its life.

One thing that came into mind with this picture: Do bass get conditioned to fisherman, learning that they will be released, and learning NOT to fear being caught? The tiny bass just learned about being caught!

Now, back to the record topic. I think everyone agree's, the record is not very likely to be broken, and before it is, there would have to be many many catches of 10+ size bass and 12 lbers before we would see that 14 pound record monster.

And here is a great article about bass, which states the life span of a largemouth about 8 to 10 years. So, that alone could be the exact reason we may never see it beat, and why not many 10+ lbers.

Edited by BASSMANinCT (06/12/09 06:29 PM)

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE