There are definately 13 lb + bass in CT.You have got to find a place that can physically produce a fish that big with little to no fishing pressure.

I know a few places that have little to no fishing pressure that I beleive can produce a fish that big.These places have difficult access,no launch,private ect.

When I was younger I lived near Savin Lake in Lebanon.I used to sneak in there at night and the ponds near it before it was open to the public.
At the time it was private (no pressure) 5,6,7's were easy to come by.There was a guy that used to do the same as me and I would see his slick self quite often.I helped him nearly land a bass that I thought to be in the 10-11 range,I nearly had it lipped.

A year or two later it was opened to the public and I heard from a few locals and people at Lebanon Sports that a 14 lber was caught out of there the day after it was open to the public.I have never seen proof but,the point is this is the kind of place that would produce a fish that big.Now it is hard to come by a 2 lber in there due to all the pressure and kept fish.

A lot of people will see a 5 and think it is a 7.Maybe the guy had a 10 and thought it was 14.
I was told that there was an article and picture of this fish in the paper.This would of been about 99'.Does anyone in the area remember this ? There was a bit of hype about this at the time.

WWJD ?