DonP Quote "Granted I would spend very little time pursuing this LMB since SALT IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!!!!.....but this could be interesting.....hell I've used 7#+ fish for BAIT in the salt!"

Perhaps you dont relize that catching a 7lb+ LM is not the same as catching any other kind of 7lb fish. Now i'm not Knocking your fishing skill, this is not my intension. I am sure you are a very good fisherman with some VERY respectable fish "in the boat" but Just about any body with a little fishing skill and decent tackle can land a 7 lb striper, blue etc. The challange is a 7+ LM bass. The challange is not in the fight but in locating, and getting it to take your bait. Contrary to some peoples belief it is not easy pickins. "If it was easy everybody would do it"
That is not to say they are not out there just that they do not fall for every bait put in front of them. Some people even believe that a LM bass in this area are somewhat lazy and become more of a scavenger then a hunter like younger, smaller bass. This could be one reason they are not caught very often. A bass of that size is pretty old as far as bass go and would prefer an easy "sure thing meal" over spending alot of energy searching and chasinging one. Most avid fisherman and pros only get a few 7lb+ bass in the New England area in thier lifetime.
To think you can go out with out putting much time in targeting these LUNKERS and get one when you want is just not very realilistic. If you can, i would think about going pro.
I Started bass fishing about 23 years ago and all though i am not a prow i have spent a lot of hours on the water, thousands of dollars on boats, tackle, maps, electronics etc. and only have 1 - 7lb 8oz bass to my credit and that one was just bumb luck. (caught it of my dock in the middle of the afternoon in july on a black rubber worm) that fish was getting ready to die any way. The fight lasted less then 2 mins on medinum/light tackle, and when i got to the shore it was all but dead. I tried to revive it but it just went belly up, so now it is on the wall.

I do not consider myself a great or expert fisherman, and i am sure there are alot of guys out there that have more knowledge and skill then i, but i am realilistic.

By the way my guess on the "Guess this bass's weight" was 5lb 7oz (By the way that was a nice healthy looking fish )so i am a pretty good judge of size when it comes to Bass.
You get a good sense when you have seen or caught alot of fish of a given size. And photos can be a little decieving.

Good luck anyway

Catch Um Up

John