The vast majority of true trophy largemouth bass over 10 pounds are Florida strain largemouth. Florida strain largemouth cannot handle our cold winters, there are no Florida strain largemouth in CT. Of the largest 25 bass ever caught, nearly all came from Florida, California or Texas. The notable exception is the 1932 world record largemouth, which came from southern Georgia in 1932.

The largest northern strain Largemouth ever caught came from Massachusetts and weighed 15-8. There is a replica mount in the Goose Hummock tackle shop in Orleans, Massachusetts. The replica mount is very impressive.

I'm sure there are 10's and 11's in CT, but they are very uncommon. I think someone who really wanted to catch trophy largemouth in Connecticut could catch a handful of 8, 9, and 10 plus pound bass over the course of a full season in Connecticut IF that angler used large live bait exclusively and fished the right waters constantly. Just my opinion. I'd still love to see some photos of bass over 8 pounds caught in Connecticut.

Huskybass

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?