I agree buck and don't argue that whatsoever. I guess my point was that even with a small % of tournament guys fishing this style we would see a higher production of bigger fish (if they were in fact there) and even w/ aritificials.

I don't doubt for a second that you are a very knowledgeable sportsman. I've read to many of your posts to know better. I was focusing on my time on Connecticut waters, not only fishing but observing.

As we know they don't get big for being stupid but I believe there just isn't that many giants to be had in our waters. I'm sure there are a some and I've gone as far as saying I believe there is a new record out there but that may be self serving if you know what I mean.

I have spent a lot of time at places like Beach , Long Pond and Amos w/ live bait over the years and have had similar results as I do w/ artificial's. One of my craziest experiences was at Beach Pond. I had been striper fishing and was live lining eels. That gave me the idea to try them for LMB. So I went to the bait store and picked out six of the smallest I could find, they were about nine inches or so. I caught fish and the biggest was about six lbs or so.

I've seen one ten lb fish that was certified in my lifetime. I caught one that went 9.1 at Beach Pond and know of a 9.14 that was caught at Beach only one month later. There was a 9 caught at Cwood a few years back and another big one (or two) this year. So in a nutshell I've known about a dozen or so fish that could be considered trophy sized or whatever you want to call them. I know its only one person but big fish stories typically travel around the horn pretty efficiently.

With that said, I believe that Connecticut large mouth just don't grow that big on average. No matter what you throw at them.

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/