BigBill - Every pond or lake would have to be accessed individually before any regulations can be put in place to improve a specific fishery. 100% C&R will likely do more damage than good in many lakes. There are lots of lakes that currently need smaller fish removed in order to improve the fishery. Lakes with so many bass or panfish, that they are stunted, and do not grow normally.

I also once read a article about stocking a bass pond. It exlained what quantites, of which fish, you needed to achieve an optimum growth rate - but what I remember most about that article, was that it said - do not introduce Crappie as they over compete with small bass. Crappie reproduce at a significant rates. Big females will lay 10,000 eggs. My point is, a bucket of crappie here and there, or removing over abundant sunnies for that matter, is in reality a good thing in a lot of places. However, it's important that we know the specific needs of any particular lake first before doing so.

And - thanks for the pep-talk, but I already fish long, fish hard, stay focused and stay motivated. I know many of the lakes I fish like that back of my hand. After 25 years fishing some of them, I can draw you a topo map off the top of my head. I'd be happy with an 8 since I've caught some 7's, but I still say, anything above 8 is a bonus.

....If we have any say... Vote for May