BassSlayer, I like the new logo, but you need to add another S to BAWS,

Bass Anglers Who Still Suck!

Actually, I beleive, if there were gonna be a record breaking Largemouth bass caught, one nearing 13 lbs, we would see alot of 10+ bass being caught. We don't see any. We hardly see 8 pounders, so that is a pretty good indication, that the life span of a Connecticut Largemouth Bass is near 8 pounds. How many 7+'s? Not alot of those either.

Gary caught a 6.99 lber 3 years ago at Bantam,

thats the biggest I have seen for LMB, and I got a 6 lb smalley myself that same year out of Candy at night on a 7 inch senko type bait.

The smallie record is another one that is tough to beat, but I think that might happen before the LMB is beat. And from Candy, since they have tons of 5 lb smallies coming in every year.

This topic has been going on long too.

I just wanted to add, that everyone should visit the "Tournaments" "Candy Results" thread. Notice how huge the bags were? Lots of FAT- HUGE- GIANT- Smallies coming out of there this month, and it is only March. I imagine there are tons still to show up as the season gets going. Thos fish are gonna be filling up in the next 3 weeks with stocked trout, if they haven't already been doing just that. Way HUGE BAGS at that tournament. Maybe the smallie record will be challenged this year.

And a last note, are the LMB fattening up as well?

Edited by BASSMANinCT (03/31/09 12:41 PM)

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE