ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1279699 - 12/29/10 02:38 PM Junior hunter question
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
For the sake of this question say I have a 15 year old son. I go to hardford get my licence for him today today. Know on july 15th he turns 16. He still has his jr licence correct? At the age of 16 can he still hunt jr? I asked this question today when I was in hartfrd getting my licence. I was told he could. I hope thats true but doesnt seem right. Thanks for the help. Will L
Fishing Info
#1279703 - 12/29/10 03:10 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

That's a scary thought.....you having a 15 year old son. grin

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1279750 - 12/29/10 06:36 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
EnCon Police Offline

What Jiggy said.... eek2

If he turns 16 during the year his Junior License is good for the entire calendar year, he won't have to buy a second license for that year.
#1279818 - 12/29/10 10:33 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
SouthBound Offline

I understand that. Can he still be allowed to hunt jr hunting days after turkey days?

FYI there is a child in the oven as speek headbanger1

Edited by SouthBound (12/29/10 10:33 PM)
#1279822 - 12/29/10 10:43 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Willy!!!!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1279847 - 12/29/10 11:56 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
Booty Offline

Does your wife know?????????

Catch and release, then catch again, and again, and again......
#1279848 - 12/29/10 11:58 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
passinthru63 Offline

Loc: Stafford, CT
If i remember correctly when i asked this for my son about 4 years ago, the answer is in the license. It is a junior license so all junior hunter rules apply. He can participate on the youth hunts but you must follow all junior rules which means he can not hunt alone and still needs to be accompanied by a licensed adult.

Maybe EnCon can clarify that one though.
#1279919 - 12/30/10 11:55 AM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
EnCon Police Offline

If he legally has a junior license (and if he turned 16 during the year his junior license is legal for that entire calendar year) then he can participate in the junior hunt.

26-48a-1. Pheasant season, bag limits, tags, use and reporting

(a) (1)The open season for taking pheasant shall be from the third Saturday in October through the second Saturday in January.

(2) The second Saturday in October shall be designated as junior pheasant hunting training day. On this day, only hunters having a valid Connecticut junior firearms hunting license and pheasant harvest tags may hunt on private lands with permission of the landowner. The accompanying adult mentor shall have in his/her possession a valid Connecticut hunting license. The adult mentor shall not carry a firearm.

26-66-12. Wild turkey seasons, bag limits, firearms, ammunition, archery equipment, methods, permits, tags and reporting.

(a) Season and bag limit:

(1) In such areas of the state as designated by the commissioner and listed in his applicable annual Connecticut hunting and trapping guide, the open spring private land season for hunting bearded wild turkey shall begin the first Wednesday in May and end 25 consecutive days thereafter. The Saturday before the first Wednesday in May shall be designated as a junior turkey hunting training day. On this day, only hunters having a valid Connecticut junior hunting license and a spring season turkey permit may hunt on private lands for which they have written permission. The accompanying adult mentor shall have in his/her possession a valid Connecticut hunting license, a spring season turkey permit and written permission from the landowner. The adult mentor shall not carry a firearm, but may assist in calling. Hunting shall be allowed from one-half hour before sunrise until 12:00 noon. The season bag limit shall be three bearded wild turkeys.

26-86a-6. Open seasons

The Saturday prior to the second Wednesday before Thanksgiving shall be designated as a junior deer hunting training day. On this day, only hunters having a valid Connecticut junior firearms hunting license and a private land shotgun/rifle deer season permit may hunt on private lands for which they have written permission from the landowner. The accompanying adult mentor shall have a valid Connecticut hunting license, a valid deer permit and written landowner permission for the same property. The adult mentor shall not carry a firearm. (e) The open season for hunting deer with shotgun on state land shall be two separate seasons, one starting the second Wednesday before Thanksgiving day and ending after ten consecutive days, and the other starting two days after Thanksgiving and ending after eleven consecutive days. The Saturday prior to the second Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day shall be designated as a junior deer hunting training day. On this day, only hunters having a valid Connecticut junior hunting license may hunt on state lands for which they have a valid state land shotgun deer permit. The accompanying adult mentor shall have a valid Connecticut hunting license and a valid deer permit. The adult mentor shall not carry a firearm.
#1280066 - 12/30/10 08:44 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
SouthBound Offline

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Making sure. Due date feb 19th.
#1281293 - 01/04/11 12:20 PM Re: Junior hunter question [Re: SouthBound]
seeforellen Offline

this is a little confusing,in 2010 wasnt there 2 training days for deer on state land for kids?if im reading what you just said right ,kids can hunt both a and b season on state land with only one training day for deer prior to a and b season for 2011?

Edited by seeforellen (01/04/11 12:22 PM)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics