ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1581103 - 06/04/14 07:03 PM I phone
shadbody Offline

I know this has been on here before, Can you put all your lic.,and boat reg. on your Iphone and will the DEEP except it?
Fishing Info
#1581108 - 06/04/14 07:56 PM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
jonh Offline

FUBO

They might, but you would be better off if they would accept it instead.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1581118 - 06/04/14 09:06 PM Re: I phone [Re: jonh]
StarkC69 Offline

SABOD

Loc: Hampden, MA
Originally Posted By: jonh
They might, but you would be better off if they would accept it instead.

'your' such an internetz bully wink2

Team Stark Stronger
Team Three Belles
Team Masshole
FUKINNAUTICALSICKCRAZYMOTHERBADASS

#1581120 - 06/04/14 09:13 PM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Both of you are bulliez. Answer the man already.

I believe that answer is no still. In God we trust, all else must show the paperwork.

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#1581133 - 06/04/14 11:02 PM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
onthewater102 Offline

Loc: Kent, CT
I thought it was, "In God we trust, all else must pay cash"
#1581155 - 06/05/14 07:55 AM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
Sweetchuck Offline

Loc: Stafford Springs, CT
The issue has been your license is not valid until it is signed. So if you signed it then took a picture and saved it on your phone you might be all set. But then your phone gets wet and your battery dies and you have no proof that you have a license or registration. Zip lock bags are a lot cheaper then a fine for not having your license. Plus you can print all the copies you want just my 2 cents.

Save a tree eat a Deer!!!!!!
#1581169 - 06/05/14 09:12 AM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
passinthru63 Offline

Loc: Stafford, CT
I'm pretty sure Capt responded to this either here or another forum and if I remember correct the issues was the wording in the law and the fact that the laws have not caught up to technology and the answer was Technically you must have a physical signed copy on you.

Matter of fact I just found this response from Encon back in Jan.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1551882/1

Quote:
This is a case of technology outpacing statutes and regulations. This question came up last year and I ran it up the chain of command for formal action. Right now we're not too concerned about it if someone has their license on their smartphone. It's gotten to the point with these phones where you can board an airplane after being groped by TSA with just a ticket on a smartphone.

The statute is worded that you must carry the license as designated by the commissioner. I ran it up the chain again asking if the Commissioner can issue a ruling that an electronic version would be acceptable and that should cover it. I'll let you know how I make out.
#1581984 - 06/10/14 12:24 AM Re: I phone [Re: shadbody]
striperboy Offline

Loc: Litchfield and Westbrook
I dont carry a paper copy of license, I have a picture on my phone and have never had a problem before when getting checked.

We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from the unborn

sit long, talk much, laugh often

He who throws dirt looses ground

Christian Genarelli
#1582235 - 06/11/14 01:22 PM Re: I phone [Re: passinthru63]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: passinthru63
I'm pretty sure Capt responded to this either here or another forum and if I remember correct the issues was the wording in the law and the fact that the laws have not caught up to technology and the answer was Technically you must have a physical signed copy on you.

Matter of fact I just found this response from Encon back in Jan.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1551882/1

Quote:
This is a case of technology outpacing statutes and regulations. This question came up last year and I ran it up the chain of command for formal action. Right now we're not too concerned about it if someone has their license on their smartphone. It's gotten to the point with these phones where you can board an airplane after being groped by TSA with just a ticket on a smartphone.

The statute is worded that you must carry the license as designated by the commissioner. I ran it up the chain again asking if the Commissioner can issue a ruling that an electronic version would be acceptable and that should cover it. I'll let you know how I make out.

This will save me a lot of typing....

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics