The Buck Of My Dreams

Posted by: Tall 1

The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 12:49 PM

The 3:00 am alarm clock blasted me awake, and, while I was unaware of it at the time, it signaled the start of what would become one incredible day in the deer woods.
It was an hour plus drive to the property that I planned to hunt, and I needed to be sure I could find the tree that I had set a waypoint for in my GPS last weekend since it would be my first sit in that tree.
The property is one that I share with good friends Greg S, his brother Doug, and Rob, (Rookie80) and his brother in law Greg.

I had stumbled onto an area with three active scrapes and a few rubs last Saturday, while walking back to my truck after an uneventful sit in another spot. While it was close to the neighborhood homes, it was obviously a terrain feature that the deer were using, although I suspected mostly after dark.

I find my tree without any issues and climb 20 feet up and set up awaiting the dawn.
It is cold and still, without much of a breeze really, but the winds shifted from SSW to NNW which has me a little concerned, but not knowing where the deer may show from, I just stay put.

As is often the case while deer hunting, I don't see anything and I just soak in the surroundings and watch the squirrels do their thing.

At 9:15 I stand for a bit and stretch my legs, and am facing the north, with the sun now behind me. My hands are buried into my coveralls to keep warm, when I look over my right shoulder to scan the surroundings and, whoa... there's a deer right there walking towards me!
I never heard a leaf rustle, a twig break, nothing- it's just there and coming fast, 50 yards away.
I grab my Hoyt, which was cradled on the front of my climber, and quickly clip my release onto the string loop and slowly raise up my bow to prepare for a shot opportunity.

I look again, and the deer is now 30 yards away and closing fast, simply moving through at a fast walking pace, headed right to the scrape that is 25 yards to my right, my shooting side.
Now, for the first time, I can see that this deer is a buck, of some sort, and I'm extra excited to get a shot at my first buck of the season.
I can't see the exact configuration of his antlers through the thick beech leaves and saplings, but he looks big and he's headed right into the clearing where the scrape is.
Before he clears the thick shield of beech leaves, I draw my bow and acquire him in my peep site... and breathe out through my face mask.... AND FOG MY GLASSES!!!!!
Sheer panic races through my mind! I hesitate for a second and instinctually bleat at the buck to stop his forward progress, although he's only 3 feet away from the scrape that probably is his destination. He halts, 23 yards from me, and stands perfectly broadside,looking right through me!

The fog begins to clear from my lens and I again align my sight pin on him. There he is, there's his shoulder, slide it back...right there... and I squeeze the release. The NAP Killzone strikes home with a THWACK!
At the shot, the deer runs a low, horse like, death run that allows him to cover 100 yards in about 5 seconds.
His rack looks big, and really wide as he races away from me, oh man, he's a really big buck!
His tail is tucked as he runs and he appears to lean hard left while trying to turn hard right just before I lose sight of him. I search with my range finder to try to see him, but no luck. I mark the exact spot that I saw him last, and take a lot of mental landmark notes for when I trail him later.

I can't believe what just happened, and keep cool and sit to let the adrenaline take hold.
After 20 minutes, I climb down and look for my arrow, and there it is, a bright cherry red, arrow stuck in the dirt. The blood sign looks great, and I can see blood even at the point of impact.

Since my cell service is with AT+T, and I have no coverage here, I can't text anyone! Doug is hunting in the spot where I sat last Saturday, and since we had agreed to hunt until 10-10:30 I decide to leave everything and walk to meet up with him before taking up the blood trail.
I meet Doug and find out that he also saw the buck, running full bore down the hillside, obviously spooked by either something, or someone and it had headed in my general direction, which I never realized.
Doug had taken a nice doe so we got her ready to take out and in the meantime, Doug called Greg and told him the news of my encounter with the big deer. Greg soon arrived to join in the search and to help get the deer out of the woods.
It took a while, but finally I led them both to the first blood and we began to trail him, while following the landmarks that I had noted.
I saw him do the side shuffle by a pine tree and we made our way towards that area. Blood... blood...blood. It was steady and easy to follow.
Suddenly, I looked ahead, and there under the pine tree where I last saw him, is the buck.
Not just a buck, not just a good buck, but here lays the buck of every hunter's dreams!
He's a 10 pointer and carries his mass from his thick bases all the way through out his beautiful rack. I'm speechless!
The best part was that I am able to share the highlight of more than 35 years of deer hunting with my great friends Greg S and his brother Doug.
After hugs, high fives, fist bumps and hand shakes, it began to sink in what caliber of deer this buck really is.

He's a true Connecticut giant! A deer that you would be proud to hang your tag on in the finest deer paradise states such as Iowa, Kansas and Illinois for that matter.
I'm most happy that my shot was true, striking the deer high lung on the entrance and right through the low shoulder on the opposite side. A double lung shot that allowed the deer to live 5 seconds after the shot. That NAP Killzone broadhead is bad medicine on whitetails.
So after the pictures and the celebrations, the work began and soon we had both deer at the trucks.
Later on, Greg stopped by and put a tape to his rack and we both were blown away at the dimensions. Unofficially, we came up with 153 3/8" gross.
Later at my club cooler, the buck weighed in at 185 lbs, and boy was he a stinky buck. His tarsal glands were wet and as black as tar. This old boy was the top dog of these woods, and he was in prime rut condition with a huge neck and some bark in his rack from making rubs.
Huge thanks to Greg and Doug- you made it even sweeter having you guys there!
I thought this buck was the 10 pointer that Rookie80 had been chasing, but when I sent Rob the pics, he isn't the same buck so hopefully Rob will get that one soon too.

I'm not sure that I'll ever top this buck as long as I hunt, but to just have it happen even once, is like hitting the whitetail lottery. Like the lottery, which, as they say, you can't win if you don't play, we keep after it, chasing the dream of the big bucks,losing sleep, leaving our warm beds to freeze, sweat and ponder our sanity sometimes.
Then, almost magically, the lucky encounter happens, just being in the right place at the right time and you execute the shot under pressure, and somehow you are rewarded with a giant.
I love happy endings! Hopefully ol' Kickstand will be next...
Here he is:

Posted by: Frank

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 12:59 PM

Congratulations Jon! That buck is HUGE, truly a CT monster!

edit-Sharing the experience with Greg and Doug makes it even more special. Congrats again!
Posted by: Capt_Jay

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:06 PM

Awesome deer Jon......couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Congrats!!!!
Posted by: Avid

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:17 PM

Congrats Jon...Way to Go!! beerchug

Awesome Buck
Posted by: swampyankee

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:19 PM

Great deer and story to go a long with it. Nice job!
Posted by: Atsakeeper BG60

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:24 PM

Greg told me you are "HIGH AS THE BALLS ON A GIRAFFE"
Slammer buck my friend!!!!!!
Awesome!!!
Just wish I could of been with you!!!
Posted by: Stormshadow

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:47 PM

REALLY NICE BUCK---congrats!!!!
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:51 PM

CONGRATS JON
Posted by: Tony G

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 01:56 PM

That is a BRUISER great story congrats.
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 02:02 PM

Awsome!!!
Posted by: Tod Osier

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 02:05 PM

Beauty of a buck. That is awesome and thanks for the great pics and great write-up.

We all are looking for that deer, you got him! That will make the next few years for ya!
Posted by: The Real Iceman

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 02:24 PM

Awesome.....just awesome bud! Congrats on a real trophy buck beerchug
Homepage......
Posted by: Bass Ackwards

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 02:44 PM

What a magnificent animal, congratulations Jon.
Posted by: Capt_Jay

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tall 1

Homepage for sure......it's got my vote.
Posted by: Davidson

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 03:04 PM

Amazing buck!! Congrats Jon on the kill
Posted by: SouthBound

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 03:18 PM

Congrats one a awesome bow kill...
Posted by: fishstu

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 03:20 PM

Congrats - Nice read - a great buck.
Right place , right time
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 03:38 PM

great write up and what a deer!
Posted by: GAMA_BAIT

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 04:12 PM

That was a great read! Congrats Jon! beerchug
Posted by: Bill S

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 04:27 PM

Great story Jon, Awesome deer! congratulations
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 04:39 PM

Truly magnificent Buck Jon. So glad to see your years of hunting have been rewarded with this animal. If there is such a thing as Karma, it surly is evident here applause.

HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGE
Posted by: MikeG

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 04:53 PM

Homepage !!!

Great Buck, congrats .
Posted by: air leak

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 05:47 PM

Whoa! Nice buck, Jon! Congrats! headbanger1
Posted by: PDona

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 05:52 PM

Freakin awesome, Jon ! Congrats ! Well deserved with your perseverance !!
Posted by: bigtoad

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 05:52 PM

1. Congrats my friend!
2. Couldnt have happened to a better guy!
3. Great read
4. The G 2's and G 3's are gorgeous for a CT deer.
Posted by: Sweetchuck

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 05:58 PM

What a deer congrats. Always enjoy your write ups you have a great way to tell a story. Really cool you got to share it with your friends, sometimes it is no of all about the kill but getting to spend time with great friends or family. But it makes it even better when you are holding deer like that. Even you holding it it looks huge. Great job.
Posted by: buckcall

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 05:59 PM

So nice Jon!!! How are you going to break this to Walt without him jumping out of his stand head 1st?
Posted by: seeforellen

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 06:02 PM

nice buck!hope to see one like that wednesday
Posted by: JohnS

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 06:14 PM

Great read with monster ending!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!! Kudos Jon, you earned that baby through years of experience and hard work!!!!!

kneel
Posted by: hornhunter

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 06:28 PM

Congatulations Jon on your truly magnificant mature buck that you earned with persistance, Wtg.
Now watchout Kickstand here comes Joni. applause
Posted by: Louie-Louie

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 06:46 PM

What a great deer. Congrats.
Posted by: Mycept

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 07:04 PM

Jon- great buck and write up. I can only imagine the whole scene when you fogged your glasses - thank god he stopped long enough for the shot.

What a pig - congrats
Posted by: passinthru63

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 07:05 PM

Way to go Jon. That is a beauty of a buck. Congrats!
Posted by: fish on

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 07:42 PM

jon that is truly a buck of a life time congrats
Posted by: deep callin

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 07:47 PM

Wow what a beautiful buck Jon... Congrats on a great hunt and a buck of your dreams...Great report too!!

You need to copy and past this report to ctbowhunting.com also!

Posted by: ME_fisherman

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 07:56 PM

Very nice Jon, must have really been nice to have friends there for the moment . . . . . and the drag! =)
Posted by: Dawnpatrol

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:02 PM

Congrats on the beautiful 10 pointer!
Posted by: Greg S.

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:20 PM

First off...Like Paul D said... Karma. Good things happen to good people!!!

I am so glad I was a part of this hunt/recovery. I was hunting a few towns over from my brother and Jon and "normally" we text each other good luck and what is happening. But with Jon having At&T for service he is not always a part of the play by play!! wtf

My morning hunt was uneventful but my brother scored on a good doe and later texted me he had a monster buck run by his stand.I asked how big and he said 150 plus.Now my brother kills more 150 plus deer than anyone I know so I DON'T doubt him ever!! I texted Jon how things were but ...AT&T.

As I was driving home my brother called and told me that Jon had shot a buck and if it was the same one he saw,I might want to tag along for the recovery... One of the best decisions I have ever made!!

I met up with Jon and Doug as quickly as possible and found them taking care of Dougs' big doe. After congratulating my bro I had Jon fill me in on the events of his hunt.What surprised me was how calm Jon was.Doug told me that he didn't think Jon had any idea how big this deer was!!!
We headed to Jons' stand and started tracking and after a short blood trail we found the "Pot of Gold"!! OMG..I will never forget that moment.Jon hit the buck perfect and it was a quick kill.
Like Jon said the smiles and the high fives started..priceless.

I'm usually pretty close on guessing the score of a deer and put this buck at mid to high 140's, but I tend to be conservative. After a quick scoring (with a refreshing adult beverage) the tally was 153 3/8 and if not for a broken brow tine and a freshly chipped G2 (We believed it happened after the shot this buck was 155 easy!! bow2

Jon it was probably a good thing that you didn't receive Dougs' text that huge buck was heading your way... that way you didn't have the shakes!!!! biggrin

My brother Dougs' text to Jon later in the night sums it up perfect...That buck is a true giant for a gentle giant!!!

Congratulations my friend!! party2

BTW... Nice hat!! wink2
Posted by: trout tracker

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:25 PM

Congrats Jon on a great Buck!
Posted by: RayZCT

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:35 PM

Years of patience and practice pay off in spades! Great hunt Jon, there will be venison on the menu.
Posted by: swwind

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:35 PM

Magnificent !

Call it Juju, Karma . . . . . whatever . . . . .well deserved.

Congratulations.

kneel
Posted by: DEN

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:53 PM

Well done Jon!! Every bow hunters dream right there :headbanger1 That picture alone deserves national attention!!

Is it me but it looks like the buck is smiling biggrin
Posted by: DJP

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 08:58 PM

Magnificent deer. Loved reading this post. Congrats, Jon.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 09:05 PM

Great read Jon... Can't imagine dealing with the fog up when lining up the target, glad it worked out.. Congrats on a deer that looks big next to you!!!!
Posted by: Jighead

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 09:39 PM

150...... eek2 holy cursing-text WOW

I guess I believe they are actually out there somewhere but WOW.... bowdown

Thanks for the call and the play by play details.

WOW eek2
WOW eek2
WOW eek2

cha
Posted by: Kbova

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/17/13 10:41 PM

congrats on a great deer
Posted by: Kbova

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 05:52 AM

awesome buck congrats
Posted by: Doormat

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 06:54 AM

Awesome buck - Congrats!
Posted by: Phil D.

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 07:33 AM

That is a big buck! Congratulations on a job well done.
Posted by: tbob55

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:17 AM

Congratz Jon!...well done on the report too!!!
Posted by: Wilderness_dave

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:18 AM

Wow, Congrats! Awesome Buck.
Posted by: Buck

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:30 AM

Jon, congratulations on your personal best buck which is one of the nicest bucks I have seen in years. Your post was great reading, thanks for taking the time to write it all down. Hope your next shot is at that drop tine buck. Good luck on Wednesday.
Posted by: Pistol

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:33 AM

AWESOME BUCK! Congratz
Posted by: chris med

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:37 AM

gitty up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rawk
Posted by: killer

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:54 AM

that’s a great deer for a great individual .
Posted by: Kierran

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:06 AM

What an animal! Hats off to you for a great accomplishment.
Posted by: mkap

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:23 AM

Congrats Jon, that is a monster.
Posted by: Falcon

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:24 AM

WOW!! Nice Deer Jon. Way to keep cool during the moment of truth when adversity strikes.

Seriously Jon you need to consider doing some outdoor writing for some magazine. Great story!!

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:24 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I need to make my wife read this so she sees I'm not such a bad guy after all... biggrin

CTF is like family to me, so hearing your remarks really means alot to me. I'm still trying to soaking it all in.

My mind is still replaying the entire sequence on a continuous loop, and all I can say, is that I'm glad it worked out the way that it did. party2

I didn't mention it in my post but I used the magical "Rattle Sticks" to lure him in... don't tell Jighead... wink2 smile1
Posted by: swwind

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:25 AM

Homepage !
Posted by: Kevin85

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:40 AM

Congratulations Jon. I don't post a ton, but REALLY enjoy reading all of your posts. I can only agree with what everyone else is saying....It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. You really go out of your way to help everyone on this site. It's good to see it pay off for you in a BIG way. Congrats again!
Posted by: smayna2

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 10:16 AM

Congratulations!
Posted by: Jighead

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Tall 1
I didn't mention it in my post but I used the magical "Rattle Sticks" to lure him in... don't tell Jighead... wink2 smile1

I hunt 6 days in a row... and you hunt for 3 hours facepalm
biggrin
Posted by: StarkC69

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 11:29 AM

Congratulations Jon....Awesome Buck! Well deserved laugh

HOMEPAGE FOR SURE!
Posted by: FarmerJay

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 11:40 AM

Nice job Jon. CONGRATUFUKINLATIONS!!!!! That's a once in a life time beast for sure!!!!
Posted by: Bob Bradley

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 11:57 AM

Congrats, Jon. Magnificent buck! And my son Pat thinks he has to go out to Iowa to get a big deer. I can't wait to email him the pics.
Posted by: E-man

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 12:14 PM

Congrats on a beauty!!
Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 12:31 PM

Great read and nice deer! Congrats!
Posted by: Inspector Gadget

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 12:36 PM

Nice buck Jon, our mutual friend also bagged a nice one Saturday AM.
Posted by: SoundsFishy

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 12:42 PM

Holy racks Jon !!! beerchug applause
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 01:50 PM

Wowzer Jon!!!!!!! What a great write up and story!!!!! My heart was pumping reading it! Congrats!!!!!!!
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 02:57 PM

Congrats Jon, a well deserved Buck, you earned him. rawk
beerchug
Posted by: Bill

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 07:00 PM

Congrats Jon, nice deer
Posted by: STRIPMINER

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 07:29 PM

Nicely done! Congrats!!
Posted by: ChaseD

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 08:51 PM

That buck is a monster, huge congrats!
Posted by: poppi57

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:07 PM

Congratulations Jon - well deserved and what a friggin buck!!! Anyone would be proud to tag that deer anywhere in North America. Looking forward to pics and stories of the next corker you will shoot this year.
Posted by: SunganaBeach

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 09:37 PM

Well done, that's a beauty! But, next to you it looks like a good deer , rather than a great one. You should have had Paul D. pose with it for the pictures and it would have looked more monstrous! wink2 laugh Just kidding! Congratulations!
Posted by: Bent Twig

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 10:16 PM

Awesome and well-deserved deer buddy!
Posted by: joe sabas the fishin magician

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/18/13 11:57 PM

WOW is right ,First Congrats Jon,I can tell by the smile your in deer heaven, 2nd, Not being a hunter you certainly brought me into the kill and I couldn't be happier for you. Great Post , Great Deer,and Great shot. WTG Buddy ,Now lets talk vennison jerky LOL
Posted by: Swifty

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/19/13 08:33 AM

Congrats Jon ! Awesome Buck there !
Posted by: rookie80

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/19/13 08:52 AM

JOn that is a slammer for sure!!!! You earned him and funny part is I sat that spot for 3 years and have seen good bucks crusiing over there but usually before and after shooting light. Gotta live it when they make a mistake!!! Hope you are right on my 10 and I get a chance to catch up with him again. I sat all day yesterday figuring after the rain it would be a good day out. Not a darn thing - nada - not even the usual does that show up - too weird because they were all there on Saturday and there was a bunch of chasing going on off to my right. Great job again buddy!!!! Heck of a buck!!!!
Posted by: spikehorn

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/19/13 09:02 PM

Congratulations Jon on a great buck!!! Probably a good thing it happened fast!
Posted by: Fullstrut

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/21/13 02:28 PM

WOW brother!!!!!! What a buck!!!! Holy smokes!!! Way to get it done under pressure and what a CT monster!!! My dream deer a big massive 10!!

A sincere congratulations...that one is going to be tough to top!

Also...as always...outstanding write-up!! I really enjoyed the story. Very nice job and again well played on making the shot!!

Posted by: Zolts

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/21/13 06:52 PM

153 3/8!!!! Awesome man, what a beautiful buck. Great job!!!
Posted by: chris med

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/21/13 07:18 PM

153???????????????????????? holy sh!t!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME BRUISERS BEING SHOT...pray me next???grin

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/21/13 08:33 PM

Jiggy's next...you had your turn last December 27th Med! wink2

Walt has waited 35 years... biggrin
Posted by: OldSchool

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/23/13 01:04 PM

What a beast! Congratulations Jon.
Posted by: Walter Buck

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/24/13 07:19 AM

Great Buck! Congrats!! You entering him into the NBBC? How's Tall 2 doing this season?
Posted by: DonDee

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/24/13 09:36 AM

Congrats on the deer! Great narration on the events of the day too.

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/24/13 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Walter Buck
Great Buck! Congrats!! You entering him into the NBBC? How's Tall 2 doing this season?

I will get him scored for NEBBC as well as P&Y at some point.

Ted got a big 9 here in Ct in Oct. and Miss S shot a decent one in Iowa. He's been seeing a few but is passing them hoping for a slammer.
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/25/13 12:37 PM

Nice going Jon!

Homepage:
http://www.ctfisherman.com/
Posted by: Huskybass

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/25/13 02:40 PM

I don't know the first thing about hunting, but that looks like a very big deer to me. Congrats!
Posted by: Jon Pski

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/25/13 11:38 PM

Great story. Great shot. And a great animal.
Posted by: Fishhedz

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/26/13 08:11 AM

Just saw your deer Jon, beautiful! Congrats!
Posted by: bk

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/26/13 08:58 AM

Very nice Deer Jon.
Posted by: macattack678

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/26/13 09:59 AM

Great job Jon!!!!!!
Posted by: JoeyHBCT

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/26/13 10:39 AM

that is a great deer. congrats!!!!
Posted by: Tackleman

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/26/13 10:52 AM

Wow... I remember back when I first met you. You told me how much you loved fishing but that hunting was number 1. I also remember calling Mitch back several years ago and insisting that he make the picture of you and your bow shot turkey the first CTF hunting homepage. In more recent years you told me that your luck hadn't been very good while deer hunting. But you said... "that will make the big one even sweeter when I get it."

Dude your rolling in sugar.....

Congratulations Jon. Hard earned and well deserved!!
Posted by: Eric the Red

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/27/13 12:51 PM

Well deserved buck Jon! We all live for that moment. Thanks for sharing it!
Posted by: Chris D

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/27/13 01:54 PM

Great read and even greater buck Jon!
Posted by: willywonka56

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 11/29/13 03:21 PM

Shouldve let it walk! stirthepot JK Jon thats a true monster. Congrats buddy. bowdown
Posted by: Don P

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 12/07/13 06:09 PM

Congrats on the bowed beast!
Posted by: MattC

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 12/07/13 10:57 PM

Congrats Jon!! that's a great buck for sure..
Posted by: tightline

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 12/10/13 01:22 PM

Congrats on your trophy buck. Your story tells us about your passion, starting with the alarm clock going off at 3:00 AM. I shot the largest buck in the state in 1979 - and vividly remember the hunt and the deer. So this story and trophy will be a lifelong rememberence.... until you bag an even bigger buck.
Posted by: sbrydson

Re: The Buck Of My Dreams - 12/14/13 01:15 PM

congrats, well deserved. Great story!