Second NYC Marathon in the books yesterday on a beautiful day through all five boroughs with 52,704 people running. A team from my job entered the race for the second year.

It's quite an event to experience as both a runner and a spectator. Thanks very much to everyone from CTF who contributed. All total, Team V raised over $380K for cancer research.

Here are a few pics ...

Picking up my official race # on Thursday with a pic of last year's women's winner Shalane Flanagan in the background (she placed 3rd this year).

Pre-dawn ferry ride with some of the crew, to then get on a bus to get to the start village.

Once you get to the start village, it's a lot of waiting around until your designated start time. It's a long morning.

Most of our team keeping warm with lots of layers that we eventually take off and put in donation bins.

Bathrooms are a popular place right up until the start.

Throwing the metal horns for the camera. rawk

At the finish. Managed a smile, but in a lot of suffering at this point. (sorry for the watermarks. haven't officially decided on pics to purchase yet)

The best part, the post-race beers with a buddy from work after completing his first marathon.

Here's a vid of my race on a map ...

Relive 'Morning Nov 4th'

Haven't decided if I'm going for round 3 yet next year, but there's a good chance I will. It's a very tough, but rewarding experience.