The massive storm system that hit Alabama and Mississippi today missed us but the winds did not. I made a run to the north about 30 miles in stiff south winds. As the day progressed the winds did also. I headed back with a head on sea fueled by 25 - 40 mph winds. The ride back was not bad thanks to the boat and my new full windshield. Actually I could only run 18 - 20 mph all the way back. After getting to the river I find out the flood gates are closed due to high water being blown into the bays. The tide was to drop about 2:30 so I figured I would let my passengers off in buras on the banke of the mississippi and let them walk a few hundred yards to one of thier cars. About 3:30 I find out the drop of the tide did not overide the winds and the flood gates are not expected to open before 9:00 pm or later. I went down the river to a small launch site and tied up the boat. I went over the levee to the raod and the 4th car that passed was a buddy of mine. He gave me a ride back to my truck. I went home and got my trailor and drove back to get my boat. I had to put both truck axles in the water to get my trailor deep enough to load the boat on the trailor. I was up to my knees when I steped out of my truck. Good thing I got it on the first time with the strong cross winds and no one there to help me. On the way back one of my new esearider been bags blew off the boat and when I went back to look for it somebody had picked it up. That is the second one I lost in a week. I ordered a replacement this morning and another tonight. My people were off the water about 12:45. I got home at 6:45. 9:00 pm and Flood gates still closed. 12- 20 winds tomorrow. SMOOTH SEAS! Can't wait.

Edited by CAPT. HOOP (04/28/11 01:45 AM)

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459