Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1621967 - 02/25/15 01:24 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme

I swore for a second at first glance Todd and Pete went on a romantic crappie getaway.......nope!!!grin

Captains are so close down there as they should be while in a fairly daunting environment...As for Captain Jordan slowing down to let us follow after Hoops Radar shitthe bed, to Here Captain Andy coming over offering up a25 lb fresh Blackfin tuna just for some fresh bait......they all work as a team out there and no one bullshitz eachother...that was one of the neatest things.....from Pulling up to a rig and reporting their catch over the radio to seeing someone in the distance headed to a rig full of Jack Crevalles and to get away lol.....

One of the last standing fish camp structures in the entire area of what used to be hundreds..... pilings are left ....thats it

heres a neat picture from after Katrina with 2 of those Pogy Boats....180' long 700 tons each boat......up over and onto to Rt.23....... crazy...

Edited by chris med (02/25/15 02:37 PM)

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

Fishing Info
#1621973 - 02/25/15 01:43 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Hard to remember what I posted on FB vs here.

First day, we needed to stop for our out of State licenses, and some bait that looked good enough to eat! Med kept saying he was getting hungry looking at, and using 16/20 shrimp for bait!

One stop shopping.....

First trip, and it was effin cold! Different cold than up here. Up here, the layers I dress in help. Down there, the 40 degree weather hits ya much harder than the zero degree weather up here! The only thing that helped was a our foul weather gear, and gloves! Thanks to Med for bringing extra, because I never thought we would need gloves down there, so I left mine home. There were times that day, while we were running, that I couldn't feel my fingers!

Pictures of the locks and the first day are on page one. So is the big red Booty caught. Later in the day, it laid down a little, and Capt Hoop took us out to an open water spot looking for larger fish. They must have been cold too because there was plenty of structure for them, but nobody was home!

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1621975 - 02/25/15 01:53 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Back at the house, taking a pic of me next to Hoop's large boat in the garage.

Fish table at Capt Hoop's house works out great! Better than what we have at the marina!

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1621977 - 02/25/15 02:02 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Picture from the crawfish dinner are on the first couple pages too.

The next day, we went out of Venice. There were a chit ton of fish camp type house boats and cabins.

Shrimp boats were everywhere, at every marina we went to!

#1621979 - 02/25/15 02:11 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

There were Islands out in the bayou that had free range beef cows just running free. It was odd flying along through the marsh, looking to the side, and seeing beef cows standing there!

Cool looking boat.....

Coming back in from this spot, gonna load up and move back up to Empire

#1621981 - 02/25/15 02:21 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

All the bunker boats sitting out in front of the processing plant. Each one does a million pounds a day!

Booty

Empire didn't produce for us this day either. Stopping to fuel up the boat, we hit the Ugly Duck. That's the bar with the boat fueling station out back, and the auto fueling station in front. This is the place with the $2 shots, and the place where Med bought the bar a round for $14.25. As you can tell, we got wind burned pretty good out there!

#1621984 - 02/25/15 02:29 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: Sweetchuck]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Originally Posted By: Sweetchuck
Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome except for that last pic wtf

Did you cook up the Wahoo? I had it in Aruba and found it very, very good.

uhhhhhhhh huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh!!!!! My favorite fish in the ocean and have said that forever........it just took 27 years and many heartbreaks to be able to cook my own......here's meal #1 back home...... blackened and seared with a homemade remoulade(which came out killer) carmelized red onions and the rest.....deeeeeeelicious!!!!!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1621986 - 02/25/15 02:31 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

This is the night we went back to Venice for dinner, and had the famous seafood stuffed potato! Trust me, it's way better than it looks in pictures! Couldn't walk past the famous fish station without snapping a pic either! We were hoping at that point that we were going to be able to get offshore and have something to hang on it!

Back at the ranch, shootin the chit with Hoop

#1621995 - 02/25/15 02:57 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

The next day, it was blowin like a mf'r. As soon as I came out of my room, Capt Hoop says, no fishing today. It's crazy rough out there. His call to make, and nobody knows better than he does, so we had breakfast, and went to work getting the big boat ready for the offshore trip the next day.

All the time we were working, Capt Hoop kept checking the weather. He never let up, he wanted to fish! By noon, you could feel it was starting to lay down. We needed licenses for the next day anyway, so we loaded up and headed for the store. By the time we were done, Capt Hoop made the call we were going, so we hit the bait store, shot home, and loaded up.

We left so quick, he forgot to tell Jo Ann we were going! Good thing we caught fish, because we never told her what to take out for dinner either!

To say it laid down was an understatement. It was FAC calm out there! We got into rat reds fairly quick, but everything was short, so we moved. tried several locations, but didn't find anything bigger. Just as the day was winding down, we decided to fish the spot we were getting the shorts earlier, but to fish the opposite side of the rock pile. It worked, and gave up a few really decent fish. As the sun got lower, the bugs got thicker. It got to the point hwere they were killing us, so we headed for the barn!

Coming back into the Empire launch, we were treated to a magnificient sunset. You can see the swingin draw bridge letting us through

#1622000 - 02/25/15 03:10 PM Re: CTF in Empire. [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Into the Ugly Duck again for another round of warm up shots. This is the night Med tries to buy a guy a beer, but the guy says, no thank you, I gave it up for lent. Med says something like, come on, you know you're not gonna make it anyway, just have a beer. Hahahahaha! So the guy does! Capt Hoop held a bill next to the cups to give you all an idea what they consider a shor down there.

The sunset got even better when we came back out!

When we got home, Med jumped in and helped Capt Hoop get the fish ready for JoAnn to cook.

Before heading in for the night, we hooked up the big boat and got it all set to go in the am.

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >

Active Topics