ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1789918 - 06/28/20 10:09 AM Stripers in Old Saybrook
Tall 1 Offline

Atsakeeper Eric, our buddy Peter and I hit the lower river areas at first light and found a nice wad of quality bass to play with.
Top waters and big soft jerk baits both got crushed.
We had a great bite on our first drift through the area with multiple fish to 38", with a few doubles. We released several quality fish back to the river to grow due to the slot. However, fish have tails and this wolf pack moved out like CT residents so often do and they vanished. Unfortunately, we never found where they went to.
We hunted a bunch of other areas for a few more random fish here and there and had a few bluefish rubber bite offs before putting the boat on the trailer by 11. What a fun start to the day!
[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...615370617653_92[/img]

[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...615372617703_52[/img]

Edited by Tall 1 (06/28/20 02:33 PM)
Fishing Info
#1789919 - 06/28/20 10:46 AM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

thumbsup

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1789921 - 06/28/20 11:28 AM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
LipRipper Offline

Loc: Boat in Niantic
Nice job finding them!

Pics don't work for me frown
#1789924 - 06/28/20 01:49 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
M.C. Niantic Offline

Nice trip, can't see the pictures.

"It's too big, let it go"
#1789927 - 06/28/20 02:36 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
Tall 1 Offline

I tried to re-attach the pics but they are still links.
I can click on them and open them.
Not sure.....
#1789928 - 06/28/20 02:43 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
LegalFish Offline

Loc: Bristol
Nice trip!

Alfonzo
#1789931 - 06/28/20 03:03 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Tall 1]
swwind Offline

Awesome Trip !

Sunrise doubles . . . . . . does it get better than that ?

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1789932 - 06/28/20 03:18 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: LegalFish]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Very nice Jon! Brings back memories Didn't hear how E and Scott did the day before yet.
Miss seeing you guys out there regularly, but still on a river "break", I'll be back if the crowds wain a bit more. Hard to explain, but it just ain't the same anymore. Guess I got spoiled years ago. Got a few new buds up in your neck of the woods and we live life to the fullest Thursday evening till Sun am, gonna put on a few pounds for sure. The food is over the top and then some! Please stop by for a visit or move in for a long weekend.

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#1789937 - 06/28/20 04:44 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: Paul D.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Originally Posted By: Paul D.
Very nice Jon! Brings back memories Didn't hear how E and Scott did the day before yet.
Miss seeing you guys out there regularly, but still on a river "break", I'll be back if the crowds wain a bit more. Hard to explain, but it just ain't the same anymore. Guess I got spoiled years ago. Got a few new buds up in your neck of the woods and we live life to the fullest Thursday evening till Sun am, gonna put on a few pounds for sure. The food is over the top and then some! Please stop by for a visit or move in for a long weekend.

Jon and Eric great job, I do miss that bite!!!

I don’t even bother anymore. A wholesaler I know and he owns a Chevy store has a house on the water and counted 40 boats between marker 22 and 25, no thanks. I miss it and it’s fun but guys yelling at each other, some know it alls, etc..

Paul have my dad over but will give you a call in the AM on the way to work.Tough times bro!

Edited by CWood Man (06/28/20 04:45 PM)

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1789938 - 06/28/20 05:05 PM Re: Stripers in Old Saybrook [Re: CWood Man]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Originally Posted By: CWood Man
Originally Posted By: Paul D.

Jon and Eric great job, I do miss that bite!!!

I don’t even bother anymore. A wholesaler I know and he owns a Chevy store has a house on the water and counted 40 boats between marker 22 and 25, no thanks. I miss it and it’s fun but guys yelling at each other, some know it alls, etc..

Paul have my dad over but will give you a call in the AM on the way to work.Tough times bro!
thumbsup

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Active Topics